Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Tuesday, I'm jammin'


 I don't know if jam making is silly or frivolous, but it does make me happy and the house smells delicious. 

I have two batches cooked and probably 4 more to go maybe 5. 

It was time as I had a couple of gallons of berries in my neighbor's freezer and at least 4 gallons in mine.  They needed to come out. 

I have had 2 brides here already for fittings and another will show in about a 1/2 an hour. Then I must get to Wal mart for more jam supplies. After I get the jam, all done, I will do a ton of hand work on a wedding dress. I can do all the hand work while i process several batches of jam in the pressure canner. I am still trying to complete my goal of having a dress done before I go to bed.

I spent the morning organizing and paying bills, and now that is out of the way for the month.

I was pleased that the bride I fit this morning, was accurate as it was a huge alteration on a used dress.  But it fit like a glove and now I have to cut out the extra and get the lining put back together, plus we redesigned the sleeves and I will need to get those done and put on, then reattach bottom lace and bustle. It is a major job.

My second bride today was a girl that took her dress to someone that did not know what she was doing and it is a small mess. but I will be able to fix it.

The third is just measurements to order online.  So that is easy until the dress comes in, we will see.

I am almost ready to start on the September dresses.  Still a little behind but not horrible. Hope to catch up this week or the first part of next week.  I have a huge pile of alterations for my little person and Sissie is afraid of those, and actually so am I.  

But I was very proud of Sissie yesterday as she attacked a large pile of rather difficult clothes and she knocked them all out! She is getting braver.

 I simply must call and find out how the Slugs is doing so I can report back to you all.

Have a great day!

God is good

Kim

16 comments:

  1. You are one go getter that is for sure. I bet your house smelled heavenly.
    Yes please, been wondering about Slugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wondered for several months who is Sluggy? I'm sure I'm not the only one.

    I made apricot jam with low sugar pectin about 2 weeks ago. I wish I had bought more apricots but they are done now. It's the best jam I've ever made. I have some frozen huckleberries and have been thinking about making more jam. Last year I made some wonderful raspberry jam. I sieved out half of the seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get some huckleberries this year. Sluggy is a blogger that we all know well and she has been very sick, with something they are having a hard time diagnosing.

      Delete
    2. What is the name of Sluggy's blog?

      Delete
  3. Have fun eating all that jam!
    Hoping you can catch up with the brides dresses and get an early start on September.
    You have to save time for Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need to get ready for that baby and now I am behind.

      Delete
  4. I haven't made jam in a few years, but I love it. I could also make lemon curd, as we have quite a few lemons at the ready at the moment. That sounds delicious! - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jam bmaking, seeing how thats the only domestic skill I have, is neither frivolous or silly IMHO. I like that family and friends like receiving it. You sound slightly less frantic...slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making jam and jellies. It is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What flavor of jam did you make? heatherruark

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love jam season, it makes my house smeel so good. I was wondering how Sluggy is. I went by "White Turkey" over the weekend and thought of her and her give away boxes. No one will get that but her.

    ReplyDelete