Pages

▼

Monday, September 21, 2026

Monday, Cleaned the garage!


 Got a wild hair and decided to clean the over cluttered garage. It was grueling. Nathan and Signe came down to help. Gaylord who is a neat nik was teasing me about the garage. Now this is a Felix and Oscar situation.  I am Oscar. I just don't really care.  I mean I like neat and clean, but I am nowhere near fastidious. 

There is a huge pile O'crap that has to go to the dump, and I may do that later today, but it will take two trips at least with my hatch back.  We will see when I get my sewing done. Gaylord would come with his truck, but I can also call my sister or wait for Nate.  Right now, the pile is not bothering me.

Gaylord and I spent most of Saturday together. Went out to breakfast and then to the farmers market and then took a long walk.  Things are getting a little more serious, which makes me very nervous.    I live by a very strict set of moral laws, which I will not deviate from... This may be the straw. Call me old fashioned but I was married for 44 years and deserved to be married in white. I guess that is how I would put it. So much of the world does not have those values. I am also not ready to give up my freedom and cross into the marriage market. Now none of this has been discussed except with you guys.  So, advice is welcome.

What I can tell you is that he makes me happy, but I know so little about him. I have not met his kids although he knows mine. He has been widowed for 14 years, me 4.  He has not really dated at all since his wife's death. I don't know why. I think I had to hit him over the head, or he never would have thought about it. I give him a bad time about this, I mean really?????

Have two suit coats that I am shortening the sleeves on for my little person.  When I finish those, I have a very extensive wedding dress to start and finish by Wednesday, and then another to get started on for Friday. Work is never lacking here.

The real problem is does Kim want to do the work? Not really but does Kim want the money? Why yes!

By the way most of my blogs are back and it is nice to touch base with every one.

So, the world turns.

God is good

Kim

20 comments:

  1. I'm not the one to answer your question of advice. I can say with 99%certainty there's likely No one out there I'd ever want to marry again, and probabably about the same certainty, no one to even let intersect my well guarded space. I leave the 1% to a unicorn possibility. Do I get lonely? Sure, but I feel the prospects would be men that want much younger companionship or the eventual nursemaid ( or they fit both categories.) Follow your heart and mind; no one elses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will just say you are BRAVE! I cannot imagine having a romantic relationship again. I wouldn't mind a friend to go to dinner with or maybe a movie - but that is it. At this age - I really don't want to see 'all that', and I wouldn't want them to see 'all this'. LOL
    I just can't imagine anyone ever filling G's shoes - ever. Yes, times get lonely, but I can get through it with family and friends.
    You have to do YOU - whatever your heart says. Don't be pushed into something you aren't ready for. We all handle things differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that garage looks great!
    Not sure I could live with a Felix, but if he makes you happy and he is good company, maybe just enjoy being together as friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the key, but it is not working or maybe it is, I don't know.

      Delete
  4. No advice on the dating scene from me, other than do what your heart tells you. Hubby is almost finished putting up the carport so when the sons are home for our Thanksgiving, perhaps we can get them to work in clearing up the garden and yard.
    Must remember to either make or purchase a birthday cake for the two of them. The oldest was born on October 17, and the youngest almost 5 years to the day on the 16th.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is he pressuring you for more? I can't remember how long you have been dating, but if you're uncomfortable with moving your relationship forward, tell him! Don't necessarily give him an ultimatum, but why can't you agree to continue with an indefinite platonic relationship considering you get along so well? If he hasn't dated in 14 years, I don't know what the rush is. Also, why haven't you met his kids? Do they live too far away (the only acceptable reason)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do live too far away, I did meet his brother and sister-in-law and they were lovely. My sister said the same thing he has been widowed for 14 years why the rush now?

      Delete
  6. I am 23 yrs divorced so I am not a widow. The only person I would consider marrying is my ex, he wants me to marry him, and I do not. I have no advice except to say it is strange you have not met his kids if they are local, and if he has been a widow for 14 years he does not need to rush you!! He can just go sit down!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hie kids are too far away, and I am sure I will meet them. I can't figure out the rush except he is a man. But 14 years????

      Delete
  7. I am a widow of just under 2 years and I am dating a man I went out with in college and have actually known since 8th grade. His wife died in 2014 and he did not date at all until we reconnected about a year ago. He has a cordial (but not overly friendly) relationship with his first wife because they have a son together, whom he raised.

    I'm not really in a position to give advice, but I'd say to see how it goes and decide whether you want him...if it ever comes up. At which time you can tell him exactly what you told us. If he is the right guy, he will understand...and if he doesn't, you will know his intentions.
    --Maxine, age 80, married 56 years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not met his son, but he lives in the Middle East (scary!). He has met my daughter but not my son, who lives 550 miles from me and farther from him. If is kids are nearby, you might ask when you are going to meet them. That will be another clue.

      Delete
    2. His children live quite far away. He goes to visit them and they not so much. But I will meet the son at Halloween.

      Delete
  8. My only suggestion to you is to maintain the moral code you are comfortable with. Mom used to be infuriating when we were teens but as I age what she always quoted carries a lot of weight. "This above all, to thine own self be true"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go with your heart and stick to your moral compass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are feeling pressured that could be a red flag? Or, he can respect your need for patience/time or he can hike? He doesn't want to talk things through? Partner vs mandator? Not advice....food for thought. Follow your heart and your gut. (Mom like her independence and talked about that so she would totally be cheering that for you!).

    ReplyDelete