Pages

▼

Thursday, September 24, 2026

Thursday, Much better!

 

Feeling better today, getting used to the cooler weather although it is still in the high 80's in the afternoon. I have been waking earlier and going to bed earlier which is a good thing, as after Joel died, I was going to bed so late and getting up so late.  I am sure a lot had to do with depression. 
Remember last fall when I had so many deaths in the family and then remembering deaths in the family my holidays were almost ruined.  But I was determined to have Joy in January and I did. 
So much of how we feel can be mental, although I do suffer from physical ailments, I try not to let it affect my mood. However, constant pain is a mood wrecker for sure. I just fight against it as much as I can.

Yesterday a wedding dress was picked up and paid for in almost all 5's and ones.  The girl was a nail tech. Now you all know I save all my 5's for travel. So, the money did not go into the budget. But it was fun, and with that wad of ones I got to feel like a stripper!!!!

I have three zippers to replace today, and I have them all ready to go. I need to alter the shoulder of a dress and call a bride to tell her I will finish her dress next week. Just have to keep myself motivated and stop procrastinating, which I am so very good at. 

We have a run on men's jackets as in altering, I don't know why things run like this.  It is strange. Oh well work is work right?
 Right now, I am very sleepy and really want to take a nap, but I will fight this off and nap later today. I can do this.

God is good

Kim

 

13 comments:

  1. I agree, sometimes our mental feelings sure can affect our bodies. It is tough.
    She obviously saved her tips for her dress - that is kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better. That bride was probably so happy to have the funds in cash for what I"m sure turned out to be a beautifully altered dress. And yes, vacation funds for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand perfectly about how constant pain can affect our moods. I am glad you are better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better! The stripper comment made me laugh.
    Hope you have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man..now I am going to be hearing that stripper song in my head all day! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep,the stripper comment made me smile! Glad you are feeling better. Here, pollen is bad, and I have gotten much more affected by it in the past few years, so I am irritated at all the plants ;). Well, all the ragweed, whatever that is. Happy sewing! Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not suffer much anymore from allergies, but boy does my eldest daughter and her kids.

    ReplyDelete