I want to pick up the spuds today as it has stopped raining, but I have so many other things to do. Like finish the closets. Arghhhh!!!!!
Monday money saving madness:
1. Shared meals with hubs on vacation to save money. Restaurant portions are way too large.
2. Stayed at hotels with a breakfast and made sure to take a couple of pieces of fruit for later
3. Only ate out once a day but even that was really too expensive.
4.Did a lot of walking for site seeing it is free.
5. Purchased Christmas gifts at different places we went.
6. Insisted on cooking a home made meal at Sis-in-laws. Saved $80.00 between us.
7. Pulled a stuffed shells from freezer for Sunday dinner.
8. pulled a batch of bean soup for another meal this week.
9. Made 6 batches of muffins with milk gone bad and froze them for later.
10. Made a nice apple salad from old apples found in crisper and wilted celery.
11. Pulled all of our squash from garden
12. Helped Lil sis remove very large batting from a bedspread and then make it into a duvet type cover. Saved the batting and it will make 4 baby quilts.
13. Mended torn pants for one of Lil sis's indigents, blessing others. Lil sis was tired of seeing his bottom. Good visual right?
14.Repurposed a hem from a dress. It was too cute to discard so I added it to the bottom of a shirt I bought and will gift it to youngest daughter. Can't show picture as she reads the blog.
15. Picked up a shoe rack for .99 at goodwill for summer shoes in storage.
16. downsized many items from wardrobe to make life easier.
17. Cooked meals from scratch once I got home.
18.Pulled a bucket of peppers, tomatoes, and small squash for salads. We will need to use these soon.
What did you do this week to save money?
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.