Happy things in 2017
- Made many new blogging friends
- had wonderful times with family and grandsons
- Met up with Sluggy for a vacation so fun
- Toured Vicksburg and parts of the South
- watched a solar eclipse a life time event
- Finally organized the pantry so it is more user friendly (only took 5 years)
- Took off the 10 lbs I gained with steroids 4 years ago.
- Made significant progress on our debt
- learned more ways to spend less
Sad things in 2017
- Lost a beloved Uncle
- put our sweet dog to sleep
- Mom's mind slowly going and her temperament is almost always bad
- gained back the 10lbs I lost :) can anyone say bakery treat?
- Did not get to spend any significant time with my twin sister.
- Spent more money than I should have many, many times....
- my health continues to haunt me.
I am looking forward to the New Year and I have great plans (in my head) for goals I want to accomplish. I have financial goals, health goals, spiritual goals, and happiness goals.
I have learned so much this year. I am so grateful for that. I have gotten great advice from my dear twin. I hate it that she is mostly always right. She told me to get $3000.00 in a savings account before Christmas. I thought she was nuts as I wanted to pay off debt. But she was right if I would not have tried to do this, I would be deeper in debt right now. I sailed through Christmas, and I still have about $2000.00 in this account.
I replaced my sewing machine, $507.00, fixed the garage door opener,finally $113.00, Hub's and I finally updated our cell phones, which were not keeping a charge and had several boo boos. We went up 3 generations, that is how long it has been since we upgraded. (I don't believe in upgrading a phone that works). Now these things would have been done but not with cash. So nice.
Paid off $34,372.10 in debt $12,000.00 coming from sale of studio
Paid cash for $3716.00 worth of Murphy expenses or break downs and maintenance that would have been put on a charge card.
2018 bring it on baby.
Now I call that progress!
Have a great New Years Day!