Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday, see what I can do when left alone?

     I feel like I have tried really hard to get things done all week and I have been thwarted at every turn.  Between the studio ( I know this was an emergency) and mom's appointments and Hub's needs (wants) and my lingering cold/crap I have had a hard time getting to the projects I need to finish and the sewing I need to do.

      I did manage to get dinner made and not burned (that was Hub's fault on Wednesday).  I was able to get our nephews gifts purchased last night.  So now it is just the two son in laws.  Blah they are so hard to by for.

     Yesterday, I was able to get 11 pairs of pants hemmed and some mending, a bridesmaid dress hemmed, a zipper replaced, elastic replaced in two sets of sleeves.  I also hauled mom's butt through 3 stores, no easy task.  I picked up her meds did a little shopping, went to Joanns to fix a mom problem.  So I feel like I actually accomplished something.

     We have a holiday party at Hub's old office tonight.  I have to finish a unusually hard alteration on a white dress and also mend a quilt.  Mom and I are wrapping and mailing gifts today, which means I am wrapping and mailing gifts today.  I still have some things to make to add to a gift box I will mail on Monday.

     We have to leave here early as it is a 1 hour drive to Hub's old office and I am not sure about the roads.  Other than narrow goat trails.  Ask sluggy about our super highways out here.

     I have to get to work, this dress has to go out today!  Ugh and double ugh.....

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. I know that feeling - that was the past few weeks for me as well. I was sick, then my back was out - I told my husband I felt like I was shoveling water while it was being poured in.

    I am like you - when I get alone time with no interruptions, I am like superwoman. But alas, that is not entirely possible and you know better than I do.

    My biggest hope right now is that one of my children is as wonderful to me as you are to your mother.

    Have fun at the party - you need to blow off a little steam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a blast now I have to face the house and shop from hell!

      Delete
  2. Other people even if they are not your mother tend to impeded progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got a bunch of things done. There's nothing like checking things off a list to feel better, for me! I had my little meltdown yesterday morning, but got a lot done in the past 2 days, so feel less stressed today. Today, I rested a lot, as well, so that will help with the week to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a melt down is necessary at least for me. But sorry you had one. Isn't the Holiday time fun. Just wish I/we could concentrate more on the meaning of Christmas.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you're being productive! I need to get my act in order and get some things done. I can't believe it's only 7 days away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time does go by more quickly at this time of year! I should start my preparations earlier - I say that every friggin' year! I can say though that my shopping is DONE! Hurrah! Now just waiting for the little wrapping paper elves to show up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hate being rushed like this and then I just say let it go. You don't have to do everything. They will never know. Well they will now if I don't wrap their gifts.

      Delete