Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday, One more show to go.

     Well the show was fabulous.  I am so glad it is over.  The parents were pleased, we did not have any horrible things happen.  Just the normal glitches of live theater.  Hair pieces and hats going airy.   Kids running off stage and falling in the wings, the normal, normal.  Quite a few laughs.  Do not know how much money we cleared for the charity.  We always send the cash boxes home with others so we are not targeted over the weekend with cash.  This way no one knows where it went.  We have had two instances in this little tiny town where thieves have broken into the car where people have put the cash box and into the house, so the police that guard the school always tell you to send the money home with someone you trust that is not associated with you.  Since people have done this there have been no more problems.
 
     I am tired but also relieved as you can imagine I would be.  The Jr. High Show is this weekend, so I need to gear up for this.  I need to make a list of furniture and props, and I also need to pull costumes.  The studio has a little party tomorrow so that will be fun.

     The bedroom is painted and the carpet has been delivered.  The room looks really nice.  Daughter and I went and bought a new bed and night stand and small dresser media stand between shows.  I realize that I will now have to pay for this somehow, but it has not been delivered so if the show does not come out on top (which  am sure it will) I will just get the bed.  Regardless of the outcome I will write a $500.00 check to the charity.  We always have  and I think I am doing well because of it.

      Out My Window:  It is still unseasonably cold here.  Foggy, nasty, overcast.  Put a warming light back on the chickens.

     I did not sew at all Friday, but I now have $709.00 in the Christmas fund.  I do have a few gifts bought, but boy do I need to get busy. I have brides maid dresses to do today and a rehearsal from 3 until 7.  Maybe Hubby and I will go out after that and shop for a couple of hours if we are not too tired.  I need to make a list and just go.  But you see I don't want to spend any money.  I spent money on the bedroom and I feel that was a necessary improvement for the house.  You really could not stand the mold smell in that bedroom once we started to rip into it. (bad idea)

     I am looking forward to this week and I am going to try to have a positive attitude about this show and Christmas.  We had so many parents  that stepped up to the plate and helped out so much so I hope I can have the same with  this show.
     I am going to try and catch up on the blogs later tonight.  Keep pedaling Jane!  

Have a great and productive day!
Kim
    

     

4 comments:

  1. You are in the home stretch! Keep up the energy & before you know it, the shows & shopping will be wrapped up, & you'll be curled up on the sofa with a cup of hot tea & a cookie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you that the show went well and that the parents helped you out! Have fun Christmas shopping now that you have the show behind you!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting there!! Hope you're able to unwind & relax soon! :) Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad everything went well. Good idea sending the money home with other people. Now remember to take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete