Sorry about the late post but I have developed a secondary infection and I am some what down. Yesterday was not fun to say the least. I was cranky, and miserable, didn't want to be around myself. Called eldest daughter and cried for and hour. I am better today, but as the day drags on I am feeling more and more crummy. I see the doctor tomorrow morning. In the mean time it is lots of meds.
I have really had this crummy cold now since the Monday before Thanksgiving and I am really sick of feeling punk. I was getting better and then boom I took a nose dive. Mom is at Lil sis's I think she is afraid of me.
My house is so shameful and I am trying to get to the piles as I can. There is still so much to do around here. My goal for the day was to get a doctor's appointment made for a soon as possible. I did that first thing this morning.
I have all the laundry downstairs and I am working on it as I do other things. I have to get into my shop today.I also want to get caramels and almond roca made. I will try to do that later this evening if my strength allows.
I have pulled up all the area rugs upstairs either to wash or to sweep and vacuum. The kitchen is sticky as in every surface has been touched by mom's fingers and it is just gross. I am trying to ignore and just clean as usual and wait to do a deep clean after all the baking is done. As she will just trash everything again. I did manage to get a roast chicken in the oven for dinner. Yeah!
I started to pay the bills for the month and will get all of them out that I can later tonight.
Money saving Madness.
1. Cooked all meals at home but one. We ordered a Pizza on special with a coupon Friday night as I was done in and starting to get sick.
2. used coupons at Joanns to purchase supplies for Christmas gifts I am making.
3. Found a really nice remnant for the back of some pillows I have finished.
4. found a remnant of heavy plastic for $1.27 to make a project.
5. Bought only loss leaders last week at grocer. Two large packages of thick cut bacon and eggs, milk, also found a Prime Rib roast marked 1/2 off so splurged on that for the new year.
6. Pulled several pieces of fabric scraps from my stash to make more gifts without spending any money.
7. Baked all week long and did not purchase a thing as everything had been bought on super good loss leader sales.
8. Made a delicious burrito recipe that can feed and army and froze most of it for later recipe as follows. Even mom liked this and ate it 4 times!
Cook 1 1/2 cups of rice, I used my rice cooker .10
1 lb. burger .99
1 small onion chopped free
1 large pepper chopped (free grew in garden and froze)
brown onion and pepper in a little oil add beef and cook through.
1 can corn drained .50
1 can black beans do not drain .50
1 package taco seasoning ( I make my own) .3
Add cooked rice and stir. This will make a HUGE skillet full
flour tortilla's 12 for $2.49 Or you can make your own
shredded cheese 4.99 for 2 lbs
Take a flour tortillas and spoon rice/meat mixture in and top with shredded cheese. Roll up and add more cheese on top microwave for 1 minute. You can now add sour cream, salsa or lettuce and tomato if you wish.. These burritos were large and one was a meal. But I think we could have made 20 burritos with this recipe.
I estimate this meal cost us less than $2 Since it would feed a crowd it is a great money stretcher.
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.