Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Wednesday, Doctor day!

Image result for doctor imagesMom has two doctor appointments today. I also got a call from the new owner of the dance studio.  Her mom has had a stroke so I will be going down to the studio for a couple of hours.  I will try to sew between appointments.  I really dislike having my day broken up but what can you do?  This too shall pass.

     Some good news.  The kids that have been driving my poor sister crazy that live in her basement are moving out!  This will make my sister's life so much easier.  It is hard to see her under so much stress with this situation.  Mom is bad enough and with the two of us trying to care for her outside stress is just not needed.  I am so grateful for this blessing, she has needed this for a while.

     I finally got the Thanksgiving decorations down.  Yeah it is the first day of Christmas.  In Sweden it is Santa Lucia Day. Good day to take them down right?  I also was able to get all of hub's cookie trays done and the cookies that are left down sized into smaller boxes.

     I finished a big project in the shop that was stressing me.  I still have so much to do in there but I am getting it done.

     I was also able to get another Christmas gift that was stressing me off the list.  Now it is just one son -in- law and my three nephews and I am done.

     Just thankful for the small blessings in my life.  Feeling better, getting things done, earning money, talking to my twin sister, projects that bring me joy, the Christmas season,good medical care, peace in my life, down time, sleep.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you're in the negative.

Kim

    

10 comments:

  1. Ack! It most certainly is NOT the first day of Christmas. It's still Advent. The 12 Days of Christmas are from the 25th to January 6th. (Epiphany.) SLOW DOWN, WOMAN!!!
    Fond memories...years ago, my church (Episcopalian) used to get together with the LDS stake next door, to do a carol sing before Christmas. Prior to starting, we always explained how we traditionally don't sing Christmas carols until the 25th, and would be sharing Advent carols with them to sing. Oh, it was so much fun.
    You have a blessed Advent, and Merry Christmas. Thank you for your blog. I really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always celebrated from Dec 13th to Christmas day. Just different customs in different parts of the country. But hey to each there own you have a Merry set of Holidays!

      Delete
  2. I just start celebrating after Thanksgiving. I really don't care about the difference. Besides, I don't know the difference between an advent carol and a Christmas carol.

    I thought I asked you about the kids? What were they doing to drive her crazy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are slobs, don't pay their rent, lie, take advantage, you name it.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad to "hear" you feeling more positive again and that you are healing up. :) I'm also glad that your sister's problem tenants are moving out. I do pray that the owner of the studio's mother will be ok. We have been down that road with my father who has made a wonderful comeback, way beyond what the doctors thought he would.:) Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am doing better, just wish I could get more done. Mom seems to take up every moment, plus I have been a little lazy....:)

      Delete
  4. Magical Christmas things are happening...the tenants are moving out!! Lol hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pk, and I tell myself this too, to just get done what you feel like getting done. I'm just tired of other peoples expectations on me. My immediate family is so great that way. We have traditions, but if they don't happen, so be it, we'll do a new thing. I'm am a good talker-if I say these things, they will be true, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for providing good information,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete