Saturday, December 28, 2013

Not the day I had planned!

     Was woken up at 10:30 by my daughter, one of our oldest family friends daughters was moving and D#2 was bringing over her two young kids and taking the truck to help her move.  So I hurried out of bed and cleaned up and now have a 18 month old and a 5 year old in my basement watching Hercules.  I am going to go upstairs and put a pot of Swedish meatballs and new potatoes together and maybe a tray of Martha Stewart squash. Something to feed the starving hoards of movers later in the day.  I also want to try out my beautiful Bosch mixer I was given by my in-laws.

      So much for laying in bed congested all day as was my plan.  The congested part is still with me so the day is not totally ruined. (sarcasm)  All of the Christmas presents need to be stored away and the house brought back to status quote.  There is a bridesmaid dress that needs to be hemmed.  She dropped it off last night and is flying out tomorrow. Laundry from the trip put away.  So I will slowly go room by room and get everything put away. But first I will get my crock pot ready and make some bread.  I guess my day of rest was not meant to be.

    Have a great and productive and restful day!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment