Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thursday, okay my cold was just fooling me....

$ 24.39, soda, sour cream, whip cream,huge sliced ham, cheese.  But I am now out of milk and cat food.

     Last night on an aspirin high, I looked into the fridge and it was full of things I had purchased before we left last week and they were going to go bad so I made myself get busy and put them up.  I did not get anything made for hubby and I felt really bad, but the headache with this cold kicked my butt yesterday afternoon.  I did manage to get to studio and it about killed me.  On the way home I stopped and bought a few things we needed.  Then I collapsed on the sofa.  About 9:30 at night I went upstairs and put riblets and onions in Judy and then covered that with tin-foil and put in a layer of asparagus.  This is now done and hubs can have it for dinner tonight, I have it set on warm.  I then filled the sink with hot soapy water and added the few dishes we had accumulated.

     I threw 4 cups of flour and some crisco into my trusty mixer along with some salt, sugar,egg,water and vinegar.  In about 60 seconds I had perfect pie crust dough. Using the same bowl and fry pan, I did up (don't you love my country speak) 3 large quiches.  One with ham, cheese, pepper, onions, another with onions, peppers, broccoli, cheese, the finale one with mushrooms, cheese, asparagus and onions. Hubs came home in the middle of this fiasco.  He is used to my fiasco's by now.  I am sicker than he has seen me in a long time, the kitchen is a tornado and he realizes I am the victim of fever spike stupidity.  It is now 10:15 and he has been up since 5 ,drove an hour, worked in the woods all day marking timber, drove home an hour, ate a can of veggies and beans for dinner (pathetic yes?) went to rehearsal for the next 4 hours then comes home to the witch in the kitchen.  I truly feel that every kitchen should have a witch.  The witch in my kitchen is extremely beautiful.

     He put the quiches in the oven, and boned out the rest of the HUGE ham and put it into 5 freezer bags, took out my now full garbage can and my full recycling can, and helped clean up the explosion in the kitchen.  Then he went to bed.  But the moral of this story is that he will have a nice dinner tonight and I have two great quiches for the freezer.  He had quiche for breakfast and will have warm hot food for the next few days.  I did not have to throw away a bunch of good food.  I froze one pie crust for later. The I collapsed on the sofa at about 11:00.  Took Tylenol severe cold formula and I think I was asleep by 3:30?  I know it is pitiful but cough, ears itch and hurt, constantly swallowing, just a b&^ch I tell you.

     As I sat on the sofa yesterday I picked apart many items for the shop.  I have a wedding dress that I must get done this morning and then I think I will give it up for the day. One load of laundry maybe. Every day this cold/flu progresses it gets worse.  I was fooling myself thinking it would pass quietly like others have.  I might have to go to the doctor tomorrow.  We will see how tonight goes.

     Have a great and productive day, I am going to try, but who is fooling who?

Kim

3 comments:

  1. in the middle of it myself at the moment and it is a pain in the butt. Hope you get better soon,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yuck! I'm sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've already had a productive day making quiche!!

    ReplyDelete