Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Monday, Calming the seas....

     I actually slept with mom last night as she had not slept the night before.  So she sleeps but keeps me up all night.  I was able to call her other credit card that she had (unbeknownst to her) and found out it had been cancelled in 20013.  That would be about right as that was when we had the big fiasco with my brother embezzling about $35,000 from her.  I sign on all her checking and savings accounts so I will get info on how to keep track of these accounts online.  I will have to check them everyday.

     My sweet Sissie transferred $200.00 into my account and told me to buy mom a new wallet and keep the money and the wallet in my bag so mom has money to spend.  This was unnecessary but something Sissie would do.

     Today we are going out to the grocery stores and to a couple of fabric stores.  I am starting on costumes and props while I am here.  I have a a lot to do.  My grandson and I made a strawberry cake and we are going to frost it later.  He loves to cook and make messes like any other 4 year old.


     There are four different fabric stores to choose from here so I can get a lot better bargains and selections when I am here for costumes. I have 12 penguin costumes to make, but those are the only real duplicates.  There are several old fashioned dresses but the will all be slightly different, so that makes them less tedious.  I would like to have the penguins and the five of the dresses done and maybe a few vests before I leave here.  We will see.

Posting this as I don't know when I will be free to post a gain, things take turns here so fast I am having trouble keeping up!


Have a great and productive day, while I try to stay afloat with mom.

Mom


     

3 comments:

  1. You and your sister are so sweet to you mom. I only hope my kids treat me as nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, strawberry cake and penguin costumes. Love it! We've got a cold blowy day here in the LC Valley; hope it's a bit warmer down there. If not, hot cocoa or tea to go with the strawberry cake!

    Your chickies have been moved to a water trough in the garage and are happy with room to run around and flap. Still under the heat lamp, of course. Much pecking and scratching going on. We added 3 new chicks for our flock last night; one of your RI Reds cuddled up with our new little one and kept her warm like a mama hen. : ) Hope you don't have any pranks pulled on you tomorrow! Enjoy your last day of March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was good of your sister. Hope you find some good deals at the fabric stores.

    ReplyDelete