My oh my will I survive this wedding/ceremony thingy? We have been a hard working household I tell you. The house is about back to what will be called normal. Mom still has her stuff strewn all over the house and the formal front room is a mess, but I can live with it for now. Last week I took 3 loads to the dump and recycling and 1.5 loads back to her storage unit. Hub's had not seen the storage unit and when he did he just shook his head and laughed. We can park in the garage and we can move about the house now with out too much effort. The things that are not taken care of will be after the Wedding.
I still need a plumber to come out and he will be here sometime this week. We still have a piano man coming to fix more on the piano this week. Mom needs doctor appointments set up and dentist and eye surgeon. One of these will require leaving town. She seems to be adjusting nicely so far. She has the whole house torn up so that makes her happy.
I need to sit down and pay bills tonight or tomorrow. Right now I need to get my head above water on my shop. I have 4 bridesmaid dresses to get out this week and I am taking in no additional hard sewing. So far for the wedding I have completed the fallowing
1. ordered white French cuff shirts for men ( not in yet)
2 ordered grey trousers for men ( not in yet)
3. ordered bow ties and suspenders for men (two sets are in) ( have to trace the others)
4. ordered ties for fathers and groom( not in yet)
5. ordered 2 flower girl dresses (they are in and one must be altered)
6. bought 3 little baby dresses for goslings( cheap at K-mart these can be worn again and my time is worth money)
7. Made 5 small fur capes for goslings with berets, for outdoor pictures.
8. purchased off white tights for all little girls.
9. Made two of the 5 dresses, have another cut out
10. Have lining done for Brides dress. Had to make up pattern from a designer picture. Now that the limning fits perfectly I will take it apart and cut out actual satin.
11. Purchased, Hub's an new suit and groom a new suit and shirts. These must be altered.
12. Made all the lefsa and froze it for the reception.
13. Mom has all the krumkake done and put away for the reception
14. Mom is currently working on the meat balls which will be frozen, she has them 1/2 done.
There is still so much to do. We are doing everything ourselves or calling in favors. Or trading out as much as we can. I am cheap or very frugal when it comes to this kind of thing. I want people to be able to wear thing again, so I will not rent tuxes. Dresses are beautiful but can be worn to church or special occasion. I am making everything I can unless it can be purchased less expensive than my time.
Mom is making all the Swedish treats, and she is busy, busy working herself to death. She is loving every minute of it let me tell you. Many more posts about this crazy woman's work ethic. I know what you are thinking.
Have a great and productive day.