Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Wednesday, Happy? Holidays?

     By reading some posts I think there are a few of us that are approaching this .....  I actually laughed when I saw this.  I needed to laugh.                                                                       I think I am allowing myself to be taken down by my mother's cheerfulness.  

     So what am I going to do about this?  Well I am going to concentrate on gratitude.  Please help me with this.  Please.  I need help, a lot of help.  Help me to be grateful and not dwell on lasts years Holiday fiascos.  Help me to be patient with my mother.  Do not allow me to get pulled down by her mean and snarky comments.  Help me to have patience and understand her and pity her.  Just because she is unhappy does not mean I have to be unhappy Right?

     In order to fight these holiday blues, I am going to get to work, as work is a great panacea for depression.  I can't really say I am depressed, but mom is and she could take a league of Angels down with her.

1. Call all people in the shop 
2. Finish one dress
3. laundry turn over
4. help mom make meat balls for open house( like this needs to be done today)
5. make 4 pies
6. peel and boil sweet potatoes for tomorrow.
7. get squash prepped for tomorrow.

      Mom is upset by my bad cough and cold.  First my poor Lil sis was so sick with a cold and now I am down/up/ down with a bad cough.  But remember we are not allowed to be sick.  She keeps making comments about how tired she is of people coughing all the time.  She had to put up with Lil sis and now me.  Her life is so hard.  My little inner voice is saying, "Come here and let me make your life hard."  Okay that is not the point of this post. This post is to help me be up, up, up!

     I am blessed with work, I am blessed with wonderful sisters.  I am blessed with great kids and grandsons,I am blessed with skills to help me when ever I need them.

     Well I had better get to work as no one else is going to do it!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving

Kim

               


19 comments:

  1. Come on, shoulders squared up and stand up straight. Start by looking cheerful and positive and eventually you trick the brain in to following that mood. You can do it. Your emotions come from you not from others. You cant change them but you can change how their attitude lands with you. Go Go Go!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sitting here in my pj's at 11:10 Thanksgiving morning coughing,peeing (oops TMI) might not be the solution? Thank you! Have a great Turkey Day.

      Delete
  2. Just remember Kim when mum is not here anymore you will look back on these days with fond memories. Keep strong. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope so. I worry that I will never remember anything good.

      Delete
  3. Just because you are blessed doesn't mean you are immune, shielded from being driven bonkers by your mother. I will trade you one cough for an infected finger! ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will trade you as an infected finger does not make you pee yourself every time it hurts.

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel better, soon, Kim and have a very happy Thanksgiving with your family and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be fine I just needed to rant. You have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Smile girl--you are awesome, and you inspire me to keep going, even when I am feeling overwhelmed. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn. I needed that inspiration. By the way love your Blog!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and try not to bug your mom with your cough and sneezes (How dare you!) Hope tomorrow is fun and filled with laughs (even if it makes you cough more)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "One coughs when one must" Jane Austin. Right back at you my friend.

      Delete
  8. I'm so sorry your mother seems unable to appreciate you, and that you're ill again. You work so hard, and work so hard to do it cheerfully; I wish some of the people in your life could see how fortunate they are in you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom, for the love of Pete just stand up to her. It could go something like "Mom, a virus has chosen me as its host. And until my body fights off this infection I will be coughing. Do I get prissy with you when you end up in the hospital every holiday? No, I don't. I know you are sick,and I treat you with kindness. Perhaps you could return the same favor to me?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am blessed with work, I am blessed with wonderful sisters. I am blessed with great kids and grandsons,I am blessed with skills to help me when ever I need them.
    maria b collection wholesale ,
    gul ahmed wholesale ,

    ReplyDelete