Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Tuesday,the natives are getting restless.

     I had 5 phone calls for the shop yesterday morning.  I have not had a phone call for three weeks, but I think people are just tired of the lock down.  I only agreed to help one older woman with her face masks.  I am still turning away work.  We have another death in our county which brings our death rate to 8 with only 21 cases.  So it is high and I understand most or all deaths are people that are elderly or with compromised health.

     So it is hard to stay strong and tell people I am not working yet.  I did spray all the weeds yesterday and walked the bridges again.  Finally got the sheets changed and the ironing done.  The ironing only took two weeks, because you know I just have so much to do these days.

     We cooked our Easter dinner last night and I took a load of wet clothes to Lil sis's to dry  then took a walk with her.  I am not sure I will be able to go back to my old life, when this one is so easy.  No pressure, just sleeping late, doing what I want, walking, watching TV, reading, napping.  It is tough I tell you.

     What happened to this woman that was so busy and doing, doing?  Will she ever come back? I hope so and then I also kind of like her a little slower a little less crazed.


     I just ate the last piece of apple pie for lunch and it was good.  I wanted it gone so it would not tempt Hubs, I am kind like that.....

     SO today I will do some sewing, and maybe take down the Easter things.  Maybe.  I also will take another long walk as I really enjoy that and it is good for me.

    Have any of you just found yourself taking it a little easier?  Remember my post about getting all these projects done and using this time to catch up on things we never have time to do?  Well the projects are still here at my house and I find myself just taking it easy.  I do a little here and a little there, but no pushing or real accomplishments I feel I can brag about.  In fact I am getting less done than I ever have before.  What is that all about?

     Is it depression?  Is it just the times?

What do you guys think?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.
     
Kim

24 comments:

  1. Now that your debt is all gone, you get to change your tagline! What will it be??????

    I too am enjoying 'the slow life'. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My debt is not all gone, I still owe money on a car we purchased right be fore mom died, and a home loan we took out for 10,000 to fix up our house to sell. But I feel like I am debt free just concentrating on getting these paid off. When you are used to having a 1600.00 a month house payment and it is gone. Things get a whole lot easier.

      Delete
  2. ROUTINE! It is important. I just don't go out any more - but have not changed my routine other than that. I still get up early and work about the house and yard and take care of the animals.
    I do nap once in a while for a half hour or so, but that is it.
    Without routine I am lost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have a routine here also. I am just used to working more. The more I work the more I get done because I have to.

      Delete
  3. Your body is probably just reacting to not having a lot of stress after so long of dealing with it. I remember when I went through the same thing years ago. You need to allow yourself to get used to it. If things go back to normal, you can then choose how much you want to allow back in your life. Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After a while, doing nothing gets tiring! You will recover when the fear of dying is gone mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim. I have had two Orders cancelled & then received two more from new customers. There's just no rhyme nor reason. It took me a couple of weeks to relax into this strange new way of living but now I quite like it. We are not allowed to visit anyone so I do miss my grandchildren a great deal. I am so pleased you ate the last piece of pie .... I am "kind like that" to my hubs too!! Take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have people clamoring for masks now so I guess I will get busy.

      Delete
  6. I feel overly stretched during the day and lazy at night. I'm worried for my kids too. I want my old life back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this is getting not fun really fast. I am here for you if you need me to vent.

      Delete
  7. I have adjusted to this quarntine lifestyle, knowing that it hopefully is not forever. There are days that drag on but for the most part I am dealing with it. In the beginning of all this, that was definitely a different story. I kinda went off the deep end and lost my footing. But, that seems to be my normal.

    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is starting to become surreal, like we have all had a way too long vacation and want to come home but we can't.

      Delete
  8. You know I’m dealing with this. I don’t think is actual depression, I think it’s just hard to be motivated with zero deadlines. And really no end in sight to this virus, without a vaccine, I don’t see how we will ever get back to normal activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, I see no end and that is what scares me.

      Delete
  9. I've been doing one chore a day, which was my goal. I'm also working out every day. Other than that, I have lazy days for sure. While there are times when I'm struggling to juggle work & "homeschooling", other things are easier & quieter (weekends, particularly) & I've definitely enjoyed that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, other than not having to rally the troops and get them off to school, and try to rush to get certain household tasks accomplished before they came back in the door, little has changed here. When you are a SAHM, your schedule is fairly flexible, albeit full. I have the luxury to change gears when needed. I've always tried to manage my time well, though, and generally try to avoid last-minute situations. But, I was probably never as busy as you were anyway. I don't enjoy a lot of comings and goings and social clutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, when my phone started ringing yesterday I was irritated. Not used to being busy and I think I like it!

      Delete
  11. I am a little tired of Hubby under foot. You would think it wouldn't bother me after he worked 3rd for over 30 yrs. SO we have taken (I doubt if he realizes it) to deciding what to do that day over morning coffee. Like this morning I mentioned he still have the livestock trailer to get DOT inspected, he wouldn't want to get pulled over while hauling something and not have that done... yack yack yack...Then I said, I have to sort seeds for the winter green house and then start some seeds, transplant seedling etc... He was like , okay since you aren't going to sit here with me I guess I can take the trailer to be inspected.. SIGH.Hubby is lost, he never took vacation when he worked and there isn't much he can do yet outside with the cold. AND he is down to 1 load once a week instead 10-15 loads a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are hard to keep busy, but then I have a husband that has never really wanted to work.

      Delete
  12. I think one of the things we are all supposed to learn from this is to slow done and reevaluate what is and what is not important. We make ourselves crazy with the things we think we have to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I see a much slower Kim after this is over.

      Delete