Monday, August 8, 2022

Monday, I think I am going to make it!


 This is how I feel today.  I have a lot to do.  Don't know how much will get done.  But I am going to try, I think.

I did nothing Friday or Saturday.  I did feel good enough Saturday to go out and do a little shopping and then came home and made up two quiches, but then I was down.  I had so much coughing Saturday evening that I thought I would go back to the doctor on Sunday.  I felt like I was going backwards.

Sunday was a little better, but again slept late napped most of the day.  Woke up about 5 and felt pretty good.  Made a couple of pumpkin pies as that is what Schmills wanted.  Also took all the tomatoes, and peppers, onions, and boiled everything down as there was not enough for a canner full.  This is in the fridge, and I will freeze it for adding to spag sauce.

I think I will finally get to the egg rolls tonight as I have not felt well enough to do them.

Mom is better but is suffering from some vertigo. I told her to be very careful not to tip her head backward when she is walking.  But her cold symptoms are better.

Thanks for all the well wishes.  I am still weak, but on the mend.

I want to finish a set of wedding alterations today, and I need to shorten William's gee. He is taking karate.  Kelsa wants a gee also and has to put on a white sweater and have a ribbon tied around her it is so funny.

My cousin from Montana stopped by with his wife yesterday.  We had not seen him since the baby's funeral.  We had a nice visit; he is also interested in taking grandpa's grandfather clock.  It is a beautiful expensive piece, but I really had no intention of having it end up back here. So happy it can go to him and maybe later one of his nephews. It will free up a corner of the living room.

I am still just really tired, mostly just exhaustion that I am fighting now.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim


19 comments:

  1. Rest, sleep and drink liquids. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done more than I do feeling well. Please let your body rest when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest, rest, rest. Just for another 24 hours! Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard because I am a work a holic. Now I am a cough a holic!

      Delete
  4. You may be slowing down your recovery by pushing on. I hope you get a picture of Kelsa in the sweater and ribbon. Maybe you can share it. I do hope you make a full recovery soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will try and get one. she is so funny!

      Delete
  5. Kim, I am a faithful reader from south Texas but rarely comment. We are on a motorhome vacation with my 85 year old father and just crossed through Idaho on I 15. We are staying in Deer Lodge, MT, tonight on our way to Glacier NP. This is some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen and I can see why people brave the winters to live here. Just wanted to give you a shout-out as we pass through your neck of the woods. It is so fun seeing the signs for the towns you mention. Hope you and Mom are feeling better soon.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so wish you were close we would take you in! Glacier is beautiful but nothing like it was 35 years ago when you could walk right up to the glaciers and actually ski down them. Also had some devastating fires up there. But it is incredible country. Someday I would like to tour Texas although I know that would be a job as it is so large.

      Delete
    2. I hope you get the opportunity to tour Texas, but other than the hill country and the coast, it hardly compares to the beauty here. This is my first trip to the northwest and we are enjoying it thoroughly. Hope you have a productive day with 0 coughing fits.

      Debbie

      Delete
  6. Exhaustion can be dangerous. My daughter is currently suffering from exhaustion, and I can only encourage her to try to take some down time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it would be hard with that many little kids pulling at you. I feel for her. I know how tiring just one baby can be.

      Delete
  7. Don't push yourself. When you need to rest, do so.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't push it too much. Rest when you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. go rest every 30 mins. for at least 10 to 15 mins. Sucks but you are just going to keep going down hill pushing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realize that and it is so crappy, but I am doing what I can in between naps.

      Delete