Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Wednesday, I cleaned!!!!


 I know most of you probably think I am really weird that I am so excited that I cleaned the house. Not just a pickup but cleaned.  I scrubbed bathrooms, did windowsills, all the mirrors, got the dust bunnies under al the furniture.  This is no joke when you have hardwood and a corgi.

I have been so bad about not finishing things and I am a finisher.  At least I used to be. Now I will pull out the steam mop and leave it in the hall for two weeks and then put it away without mopping. I just have a tendency to do half of what needs to be done and then start over.  I don't know if it is a grief thing.  A lack of energy, or a lack of caring?  It is weird.  I don't like it. I want it to go away.

Today I got up to a very clean house, and I got myself ready to greet my public (also something I have a hard time doing now).  I had made a list the night before, and I hurried out the door, with my list and stopped at 7 different locations to pay bills and pick things up, returning home to blog and answer emails.

Other than taking Kelsa to dance lessons this evening I am free to sew and get everything shop oriented done. I have a couple of easy wedding dresses and then piles.  But I am sure I can get through everything before I go. 

Slugs had her surgery this morning and I have been praying for her.  Got news that it is done and went well, now for the recovery, which I know from helping several people go through this, can be brutal.  I will continue to pray for her pain relief. I just really wish either Sissie or I could be there for a couple of weeks to help her and her hubby. But I will drop all and get a ticket if needed. I just want my Sluggy back, so we can travel and eat carrot cake. She has lost so much weight; I am afraid she will disappear. Can't wait to see her again.

Well, here is my list for today:

1. bustle, take up straps, and put hooks up the back of a wedding dress

2. hem and bustle a wedding dress

3. hem two pairs of pants and 4 curtain panels

4. hem 4 pairs of pants

5. hem 3 pairs of pants and fix the waist on a pair

6. hem a pair of dress slacks

7. go to Joanns and get a zipper

8. Take Kelsa to dance

Here I go!


Kim

14 comments:

  1. doing all that on top of having a sparkling clean house - you rock girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are accomplishing a lot including your clean house. I find cleaning not fulfilling, it just needs to be done again and again, so I admire your industry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with this completely. I absolutely can ignore everything for too long. UGH

      Delete
  3. Hello, lovely lady! I know exactly what you mean about cleaning! It is the best feeling sitting down after you cleaned top to bottom! At least I think so. It's been so long!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Only doing things halfway or not even starting them is a grief thing. And a depression thing. The two share so many similarities and are very much entwined.

    Good on you for getting your house cleaned! "Doing" helps chase the shadows away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So the cleaning pixie went wild! Good for you! Oh how I wish that I could clean my place. My condo is in renovation shambles and it has finally gotten to me. I knew it would be dusty and full of torn up stuff, I just didn’t completely understand. I know realize why you went crazy about your kitchen redo. Everything is dusty. Half my floor is ripped up, windows just got put in but there is debris all over half the place…but what did I do just now, I got out my swiffer and did the kitchen floor. Sigh, I couldn’t take it anymore. So now, it is not clean but at least swiffered. I dusted the kitchen counter so I can have coffee tomorrow morning. Then retreat into the front bedroom that has been left alone for me to live in. Thank you for the Sluggy update, I was worried about her. And you are right, rehab is a long road. Congrats on your clean house, hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on the cleaning, & glad to hear Sluggy's surgery went well. My house could use a deep clean. Over the weekend, I did clean, and set a goal to do one "extra" task. I cleaned our fan, which was beyond/beyond dusty, so at least one baby step in the right direction. 10,000 additional steps to go ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think cleaning is overrated. Housework is one of my least favorite things to do. I would blame my knee, but I hated housework when my knees were great.
    Now I am off to do what I dislike intensely.
    Can't wait to hear from Sluggy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually like cleaning. I find it very comforting. The way I see it, cleaning my house is the one area in which I exert total control. If I clean it, it has no choice but to get clean. That said, DO NOT let me find a dishwasher full of clean dishes, with dirty dishes in the sink, knowing full well that someone opened said dishwasher, saw it was full of clean dishes, closed the dishwasher pretending they didn't just see what they saw, set the dish in the sink, and skulked out of the kitchen. Honestly, I'd rather hand wash dishes and see them drying on the rack by the sink than unload the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! THe dishwasher and I are really not friends...

      Delete
  9. the fur bunnies have bred under my couch LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Anne about housework. I don't mind cleaning, but doing it every day is B.O.R ing!! Thank you for letting us know about Sluggy. Will comment on her blog. Sending you hugs Kim! I'm always thinking of & praying for you. Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl you did awesome. I actually hate cleaning, which is probably why I divide tasks up over a few days.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m so happy Sluggy’s surgery went well! And look at you getting your house all cleaned, I love having a clean house! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete