Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday Memorial Day

     I hope all of you have a great Memorial Day.  Stop for a moment and reflect on the sacrifices made by others for your freedoms.  I called Mom she will go out to the family cemetery as we are too far away.  I remember after college the hardest thing I ever did was drive away from the cemetery.  Stupid I know, you can't bring back the dead , but I could go visit.
  Time had made this much easier!
     It rained so hard here yesterday!  I made meat loaf and a big pot of split pea soup.  Trying to clean up the fridge and have something to eat the rest of the week.

Out My Window:

     Cold but clear.  Hope to plant the garden!

     I need to finish painting the back deck but it might be saturated because of the rain.  So we will plant and put furniture back.  I can paint around all that needs to go back up.  Also have to fill flowers boxes and plant.  I have over 50 flowers boxes.  Yes call me the queen of excess.  I actually budget flowers every year.  I used to go work for a nursery a couple hours a day for free flowers in the spring.  But I can earn more sewing per hour that I was getting the flowers.  Had to learn this the hard way. 

What is you favorite Memorial Day Memory?

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment