Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday, dreading the weekend.

    Tomorrow is the lighting of the Christmas park in our town.  Our dancers perform at this lighting.  We are in Nutcracker rehearsals all day with a lighting rehearsal thrown in between.  We finish at 3:30 and have to be back at the park in the dark and the cold at 5:30 and then we freeze the kids dance and I collapse.  I used to really enjoy this performance, it made me realize the holidays were here.  But now it is just cold nasty work.  When did the magic disappear? Hopefully I will get some joy out of my students faces as they perform.

     Sunday we will travel 9 hours to Twin Falls, at least I can get some hand work done in the car.  It is a long drive.  We will stop at Hub's parents for a short rest.  I am excited about seeing my grandson.

     Everything in the shop that needs to be done is done and I am just going to sew madly on costumes all day and all night.  I will take with me what I don't get done.

     The theater was a disaster yesterday as they are tearing down from young Frankenstein and rebooting for us, but it looks like everything is a go and we will be fine, I leave that to their hands. So nice to not have to worry about every little thing.  My daughter and one of my teachers have really worked hard down at the theater.  I think I am just coming to the realization that I don't want to run the studio any more and I need to find a way out or a way that I have less on my shoulders.  I also need to take a real good look at the house we live in and the neighborhood. 

     Changes need to be made.  Not today, but the future needs to be different.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Kim, this is so much. I know you like it but maybe somebody else could help you co-direct and actually do 50% of the work in the future. Best of luck with the performance.

    ReplyDelete