Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday, late afternoon

     The show was a huge success last night.  We had the stage manager play Mother Ginger which is typically played by a male dancer on stilts because the costume is so heavy.  I was up about 3 1/2 feet on a roller cart, but my neck was just too sore to stand the weight of the harness.  It was hysterical and about brought down the house.  We did not tell the kids under the skirt that I was not playing the part.  They enter the skirt in the dark so had no idea it was a grown man with a beard.  Too funny the little girls would dance and then look up at him like,"What the heck?"

     Got to bed too late last night and slept in this morning also too late.  Daughter and I were to meet a man at the studio at 10:30 to tear down a wall on the back of the costume loft.  This would free up another whole area for sets and costumes we have not been able to utilize. Dirty messy work, but it was down and loaded into a truck in about 1.5 hours and then we took scrap to the dump.  This will make it so much easier to tear down set and move it home as we will have places to put everything and a lot more storage.

     My eldest daughter and her mother-in-law and grandson are here for the show.  It will be so fun to watch Danny at the performance.  I am excited.

     I had a mom that owes me several hundred dollars call and she wants to pay up.  What a blessing, now if she just does it!  Paid almost all bills and I am flat broke.  Oh no I just got $10.00 in the shop:)  I can go a long way on that.

     Well I have 1.5 before I have to be at the theater, here we go again.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim


 

2 comments:

  1. Break a leg!! (Well, not really!!) I'm glad you were able to take yourself out of the role of Mother Ginger - I knew you could be sensible sometimes :) Except then you went and tore down a wall!! Good grief woman!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you should have heard my daughter (the lawyer's reaction)

      Delete