Monday, October 23, 2017

Monday, Back to the grind and money saving Madness.

     Lil sis tells me that mom sleeps until noon when she stays with her.  Well mom gets up at about 9 or 10 here. As soon as she hears me moving and believe me I try to be quiet.  She had a bad night last night, so I slept with her.  She had a bad stomach and thought she would be sick.  Lots of moaning and groaning and rolling.  It was so fun.  She finally settled down and slept.  I started to blog and she comes in and sits in her chair and orders breakfast.  Cottage cheese and home canned peaches, two muffins warmed with butter, a lass of juice with a straw.  I am now a cafe.  So I got her medicine in a little dish and all her order and now maybe I can get a few moments to myself. Ha!

Add caption
I wanted a large basket, this is what I found. The squash in no way fit but I have not given up.
















                                                                        Left over squash.
















All of the plants I split and finally transplanted.  I have several violets to give away as gifts.































                                                                             Potatoes and my clog

 More spuds!











  I want to pick up the spuds today as it has stopped raining, but I have so many other things to do.  Like finish the closets.  Arghhhh!!!!!

     Monday money saving madness:

1. Shared meals with hubs on vacation to save money.  Restaurant portions are way too large.
2. Stayed at hotels with a breakfast and made sure to take a couple of pieces of fruit for later
3. Only ate out once a day but even that was really too expensive.
4.Did a lot of walking for site seeing it is free.
5. Purchased Christmas gifts at different places we went.
6. Insisted on cooking a home made meal at Sis-in-laws.  Saved $80.00 between us.
7.  Pulled a stuffed shells from freezer for Sunday dinner.
8. pulled a batch of bean soup for another meal this week.
9. Made 6 batches of muffins with milk gone bad and froze them for later.
10. Made a nice apple salad from old apples found in crisper and wilted celery.
11. Pulled all of our squash from garden
12. Helped Lil sis remove very large batting from a bedspread and then make it into a duvet type cover.  Saved the batting and it will make 4 baby quilts.
13. Mended torn pants for one of Lil sis's indigents, blessing others.  Lil sis was tired of seeing his bottom.  Good visual right?
14.Repurposed a hem from a dress.  It was too cute to discard so I added it to the bottom of a shirt I bought and will gift it to youngest daughter.  Can't show picture as she reads the blog.
15. Picked up a shoe rack for .99 at goodwill for summer shoes in storage.
16. downsized many items from wardrobe to make life easier.
17. Cooked meals from scratch once I got home.
18.Pulled a bucket of peppers, tomatoes, and small squash for salads.  We will need to use these soon.


     What did you do this week to save money?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting so much done.
    Money saving things we did this past week.
    Eat at home, after church on Sunday instead of going out to eat.
    Eat from pantry/freezer, only grocery store run was for bread/fruits.
    [I find if I stay out of stores, I save more..ha]
    Bought twin granddaughters a vest and embroidered their initials on it, for their upcoming birthday.. Was a great buy on the vest. saved lots of money.
    Hope you have a good week, and your mom feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice list, still trying to catch up and it is hard. I don't spend when I stay out of the stores also.:)

      Delete
  2. I have a little sign in my armoire that says "If it's not one thing it's your mother. I see it every single day as a reminder that mom things are inevitable.

    Nice frugal week with the trip and all. I don't think I did anything to save money, except for doing nothing that required money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny I have one that says, "Ask not what your mother can do for you, ask what you can do for your mother." The sad thing is mom can do nothing for me any more and it is so hard. She does make me laugh.

      Delete
  3. I wonder why she sleeps later at your sister's house. Do you have an idea? Does your sister let her order breakfast? How did she get along when you were gone for so long? Any problems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she knows that no one will be home and she wants to be waited on. I don't think she orders at sisters and she got along fine no falls no trips to the hospital. SIs's schedule is just different than mine and I am home so she can order me around and she loves that.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! Glad you had a nice break. What a wonderful squash harvest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a very nice break indeed. I was joking with mom that I was going to put squash on the grocery list.

      Delete
  5. Hi my friend! You really did do a lot to save money both while you were away and at home too. What a blessing to have all that squash! I just cooked up an acorn squash last night and have been enjoying it immensely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like it with apples, nuts, onion, brownsugar and butter stuffed in and baked. Yum. You need to slow down a little. So do I. Just love to give advice to people like me, snort*

      Delete
  6. How did she get along when you were gone for so long? Any problems?


    เกย์ไทย

    ReplyDelete