Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tuesday, Plugging along, with new meds

     Actually the title of this post is misleading as nothing is plugged here.  Nuff said.  I have no skin on the roof of my mouth making eating such a pleasure.  But I will persevere.  I am trying to be grateful.

  I was pretty darn proud of myself yesterday as I was able to get through a large pile of things in the shop.  I spent the morning finishing up one of the costumes.  Then I told myself I needed to get some things done that actually made me money.  So I started with a pile of zipper replacements on coats, 4 to be exact.  I knocked those out and then did a couple of other piles of alterations and patched several sets of jeans.  Started on army dress blues and I still have two sets left to do, but I am waiting on stripes to be delivered for one set.

     I was amazed at the amount of work that came in yesterday and also the amount that has come in today.  I just wish someone would pick up so I could have some money in the cash box.  Segue: Someone just picked up a coat. 

     So my plan for today is to finish up the costume I started last night then I will have a total of 4 done.  (except for hand sewn trims, which I can do while watching TV)  then I have police and fisheries uniforms along with the army blues and a pile of pants to hem.  When I get those done I am going to get another costume started.

     I just looked at my back room and it is such a mess.  So before I get into the shop I am going to organize and clean a little back there.  It is mostly the laundry room and the food storage.  Things are just strewn all over. It needs a little love.

     I am missing my Sissie this morning.  I don't know why, maybe because I know if she were here the back room would be a pristine sight.  She is so organized, something I am not. There is also an antique wedding suit soaking in the slop sink.  I am trying to get out the nicotine stains. The woman wants to wear it to her 70th wedding anniversary party.  It is raw silk and I did not think it would withstand a dry cleaning.  I will wash and hang it today.

     I want to get all this sewing done so I can concentrate on Thanksgiving.  Segue: police officer needs uniforms today as it is freezing and......  See how fun my life is? 

     I am off to the bathroom again.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. Amway's LOC got out cigarette smoke stains for me. The white dress was in a bag, in a closet with a closed door, in a room that had the door closed. It was still stained yellow in long streaks. When I had to take steroids for a week, I was on top of the world. When I finished the package/dose, I wanted to die and was afraid I was going to linger a slow death. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay away from Pizza and Toasted bread sandwiches until the roof of your mouth heals.
    Oh and I found another penny while out over the weekend...... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shop is always busy. You sure provide a valuable service in your community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I can't figure out why? I must be a slow learner.

      Delete
  4. 70th wedding anniversary!! Wow, good luck! Hope the stain comes out! What a special project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love working on vintage things it is so fun and rewarding.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Nicotine stains?? You are amazing...
    I did some repair work for a family, friends of my daughter. I have NO idea how much to charge them, so I'm afraid I completely undercharged them and they think my work is worthless... What are your rates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me a private email and I will send them to you.

      Delete
  6. Your projects sound so interesting! I love vintage things- I bet it's really neat when you get things like that to work on. I wish I was there and I had all the time in the world- I'd help you with the back room cause I love to organize (although you probably would not believe that at all if you saw my house right now. I guess I should say I like organizing other people's stuff, Lol.) I really hope the roof of your mouth heals up soon. I hope you have a very nice Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete