Thursday, April 11, 2019

Thursday Happy Annivesary!

Well here we are celebrating our 40th yes our 40th anniversary.  It is hard to believe that it was that long ago. I would like to say all those sappy things that others say when they have made it this long but I can't.  It has been hard.  I can't even say I would choose to do it all over again.  I haven't reached that point yet.  But then I am pretty jaded when it comes to life.  All I can say is that we have made it, mostly because we were too darn poor to split up.  We never had anything to split.  I know that sounds ungrateful because we have so much.  We have been blessed over these 40 years with innumerable miracles. I just wish it had been a whole lot easier.  I have many questions for Father in Heaven when I get to the other side.



     This is the year I am supposed to add another diamond to my wedding ring, but that would cost about $1000.00 and I don't want to spend that money right now I want to pay off the house.  I can do it next year in our 40th year.  We are going to go out to dinner tonight as we have to do something.  It is kind of embarrassing that neither one of us is really hip on any kind of a celebration. Isn't that lame?

     I am very behind in the shop right now and after I go and pay some bills I am going to get right in there and start pumping out things.  Dresses are coming in right and left and I want many of them done.

     There are also dance costumes for the recital that have to be made, but not too many so that is nice.

     It is a little nice outside today and it isn't going to last as it is supposed to rain (80% chance).  I want to be outside so bad but cannot allow myself. I might make hubs take me to a garden center for some plants for my anniversary we will see what the weather is like this evening and how much work I get done today.

     We are having sever flooding issues in surrounding communities. Cars floating away in downtown Pullman, Washington, right on our boarder.  Crazy weather and we are expecting several more days of heavy rain storms.  National guard are out rescuing people from roof tops in some smaller towns.

      Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

25 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!!!!!
    Nothing wrong with not wanting a big celebration. It is about you 2 and you 2 only. Have a night doing whatever you want.
    Many more!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both. We have been married so long we gave up a long time ago trying to make them special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we have ever been really anniversary crazy.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    We had our 20th a few months ago. I have been married twice before. My husband never married before. Had to laugh when you described what you are doing. Funny how our priorities change as we "grow up". Everyone asked, "Are you throwing a party for your 20th?" I just looked at them and said - Now why would I want to go to all that work, trouble and expense so everyone else could have a good time and I would be exhausted and broke. lol Take care and hope your day is what you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we will throw a party on our 50 but I won't do the work it will be the kids job. Well if we make it that long....

      Delete
  4. I think I'd ask for a long nap for my anniversary. Hope you enjoy whatever you two feel like doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would have had a lot more fun if you guys had been with us.

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you & hubs. Look at the beautiful children & grands from your marriage. It's not that ast - marriage is work, respect & lots of patience! Which is prob why I waited till I was 36 to get married!! 😆 But I can say after 20 yes I'd marry him again in a heartbeat. He's a keeper! We make vows to each other & God - for better & worse - hope you've got some better years ahead once your finances are in a better place. Peace & love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do always think about my kids and grandkids they are true joy for all the hard work.a

      Delete
  6. Kim....Happy Anniversary. My husband and I aren't super crazy about going and doing nothing major either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary, Kim! You're a great example that marriage isn't all roses and sunshine, but work and especially commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is so much work. For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer.

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary. I don't think DH and I have *ever* celebrated our anniversaries. Not my style.
    I saw what was going on at Pullman near the border. We've had some rain here in the sound, cooler temperatures, but nothing outrageous for this time of year like out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a mess and I feel for these people as outside water is never covered by insurance.

      Delete
  9. Happy Anniversary, Kim. I'm sorry the years have been hard on you all, I know what that's like. I hope that the future is easier and that you have many happy years ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life was never meant to be total sunshine but gosh darn, we had alot of rain. Thanks

      Delete
  10. Happy Anniversary.. and no it's not lame you don't want to do much for it. My in laws have been married 63 yrs...their idea of celebrating is to hug each other and be done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary. We had a small wedding and like simple anniversaries. If we can sneak away just the 2 of us for a few days it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete