Monday, December 11, 2023

Monday, Christmas panic!


 Here it is the 11th and I have hardly done any Christmas shopping.  I mean I am usually done before Thanksgiving, and I have just been in a blur.

But I think this morning I was able to get on Amazon and get most of it done.  Thanks goodness.  Still have a couple of grandkid gifts, that I can get elsewhere, and I hope to do that tonight after Kelsa gets picked up.

I am proud to say I spent 3 hours in my shop on Friday afternoon and was able to get 19 pairs of pants hemmed and few other things mended.  Still have a way to go, but not feeling so overwhelmed.

Then Saturday I really got the house cleaned up (not that you can tell after Kelsa has been here) But underneath the mess it is clean. 

Sunday after church I started on some baking.  But have much more to do.  Lil sis will come over on Friday I think to bake, but now I am not sure. better txt her.  I can't remember anything I swear.

I have not cashed in my coin bank yet and I have always done that on Dec. 7th. I need to go do that. I also need to pay $48.00 more dollars in property tax.  I paid it early, and they did not have the figure out yet. I also did not save my penny a day this year.  I started but my brain would just not cooperate. Maybe the new year will be better.

I do have $1285.00 saved in my $5.00 bill savings for my trip to Hawaii in the spring.

There is a small pile of things to get done in the shop plus some custom work, so I do have things to do, just don't want to do them, but I will make myself.

Book club is here tomorrow night, so I need to reclean the house, and get a few more cookies done up.

Trying really hard to stay busy and positive.  Grandkids help a lot!


Kim


13 comments:

  1. I am glad that grandkids are keeping you busy, Kim. 19 pairs of pants hem is amazing! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot done - give yourself a little credit. I still have some gift cards to get. All in time - if things get sideways and you forget something - it is not the end of the world. New year - new start. I kind of like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems you get more done than you give yourself credit for. Yes, a preposition at the end of the sentence. I can do better...lol. It seems all is coming together even if you are not doing it as before. Maybe Kelsa can help you clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That kid can destroy a space faster than anyone I know!

      Delete
  4. One step at a time Kim!! That's all any of us can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you have the grandkids. They will surely keep you on your toes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I give grandkids one toy a piece and my grown kids, and folks who need it, a little cash or a check, or I pay a water or light bill. I pull out my $5 neon blue tree I got from Dollar General years ago and announce I am decorated…. Lol. Obviously I don’t stress about the holidays unless I am flying. Now THAT stresses me out. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a really easy Christmas, I might have to take note!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don’t want to be a widow today
    I didn’t want to be one yesterday either
    And I expect the same will apply to tomorrow
    I have not decorated for Christmas and I don’t intend to . I don’t open the Christmas cards that arrive - it all feels meaningless this year

    I have upset a friend who told me I “ should “ celebrate because it was Tonys favourite time of year . I told her if she was ever widowed I hope I would extend to her the courtesy of being able to choose how she grieved
    You are in my thoughts
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete