Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Tuesday and Kim is sleeping

 Dear Ones;


Sissie here and I am up at Kim's ready to start sewing.  Kim is still sleeping, and it is 8:00 in the morning.

I will let her sleep until nine.  Hoping She is feeling a little better. 

I read your comments, and I think that Cheryl maybe onto something.  Kim needs to rest, and I mean a lot and She just will not stay down, so I will try and make her!

Of course, the Grandkids will be here tonight and tomorrow night and that is no rest on anyone's part, but it is what it is!

I am working on what I consider a very hard alteration on a trench coat and am a little stymied, but will persevere, and must finish that and then two knit dresses and I hate sewing on knits!

After that I have six, yes, I said six bridesmaid's dresses to hem and press and the list goes on and on.

It is now Wednesday morning, and my day got away from me yesterday.  Kim was up and managed to get another wedding dress done.  She is doing okay but not at 100% , and this morning the pain is back on the right side.  

The chiropractor that she saw yesterday morning for the second time thinks she severely strained her neck muscles.  We know now that it is not a pinched nerve as the pain travels from side to side?  The mystery continues...

I did not get to the bridesmaid dresses yesterday as I had an emergency alteration for a young Man that was leaving for Italy, so I helped Him and then I was just done.

Now I have three bridesmaid dresses to press and will call them and then start on some trousers...only working until 11:00 today as I have errands, I must run and things to get done at Home.

Trying to keep Sissie down is difficult,

 but I am working at it.


Hi this is Kim.  I have an earache and a headache, and I am not going to let it get me down because I can't.

I have gotten 4 wedding dresses done Monday and Tuesday and also hemmed 4 bridesmaid dresses.  Sissie has to iron them and of course our expensive iron crapped out. Sissie just went in search of a new one.  Good luck in this town.

Made hotcakes for the grandkids this morning, might make cookies later if I can get the military uniforms done.  Of course, there is a military ball, and 3 full sets of regalia came in this week.  Oh, and the ball is this Saturday. You all know how I loves me a military uniform. All those stripes, ribbons, plackets and patches that have to be sewn on with precision.

Again, I remind myself I am blessed with work. This mantra is supposed to make me feel better and somehow....

Had a bride come in last night about 5.  No appointment and she was obviously upset.  What a mess.  I was so proud of myself as I was able to get all the August dresses done by the end of July which was hard as I have felt like CRAP.  But I did it.  Well as Kim plans, we know God laughs.  The bride's dress was two inches too short in the shoulders, making the breast points up above her breasts. All I can do is shake my head.

I had her take the dress off and I removed the sleeves, dress back on and released the shoulders, now have to find lace to applique into shoulders.  Wedding is August 24 so I still have an August dress.  The universe is against me I tell you.

Okay enough whining for today.  I am off needle in hand.  If I did not truly love what I do I think I would run away.

Kim 

10 comments:

  1. Hugs and prayers for both of you! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    At least you have Kay! How did the bride end up with the points above the breasts? I love to sew, so I know how you feel about sewing. Your body keeps rebelling! Give it all the rest you can. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of you are working so very hard. Kim, I really think you need to rest a bit more, and saying No is not a reflection on your abilities as your health is very important.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying, I know it does not look like it, but I am.

      Delete
  4. Uh-huh yep, Kim is resting! NOT! You have got to slow down and really slow down for a good while. Like Jackie said saying no is OK and no reflection of your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if it's pinched at the base of her skull it will hurt both sides. Been there and done that. Get a tens unit and use it daily. It helps I got my through a doctor, MIL got hers through Amazon... same machine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, you two. I am praying for you, KIm. Rest as much as you can. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete