Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Tuesday, Lucy is here!


 Look at all that hair!!! She has the Korbel hair! B went into hospital last night about 8:30 and she was born this morning at 6:15.

Weight 6 lbs. 10 oz. Length 19 inches. Name Lucy Valentine Korbel. So proud of my girls. 

I am all in a dither! 

Worked hard yesterday and finished up two gowns and then almost done with third. I will finish this morning. I also have two other bridesmaid dresses to finish up.  It is going to be a little crazy as I have a bride picking up tomorrow at 4 and I don't know when B will be sent home. Luckily, she is just 28 miles away so I may be running up and down the hill for a few days. But that is okay.

Had a bridesmaid practically faint on me yesterday. She came in with this beautiful spring green full ballgown. She was a teeny tiny little thing. It was layers and layers of tulle which just needed to be cut. I was just finishing up the last layer, and she asked for a drink of water. I looked up at her and she was going down. Grabbed her and she was able to step off the fitting box, and I managed to get her into my sewing chair before she passed out. She was only really out for less than a minute and I told her to keep her head between her legs. I ran and got a bottle of water, then when she was more stable, I got a wet washcloth, stripped the dress off her to the waist as she was starting to drip with sweat. She told me she was a dentist and she had a rough morning and had not eaten.  This was about 1:00 in the afternoon.

So here she is hunched over in this beautiful dress, naked on top and I am wiping her down with a damp cold cloth. Finally, she quit sweating so profusely and I redressed her.  Then made her drink a protein drink and we finished up. She was so embarrassed, but after laying on the sofa with her feet up for 15 minutes she was good to go. She is not the first I have had go down in a fitting, but it is always nerve racking. Told her to call me when she got back to the office. I just really felt bad for her. But the dress was beautiful.

So today I am going to finish up a few things around here and take stock of who I need to call.

I love the scrunch phase of grandma hood. Actually, all phases are nice.

God is very good

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment