Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Serendipity, Christmas exchange!

     What fun! A gift exchange with other bloggers, along the Secret Santa line.  So go to her blog (Serendipity) and sign up. Then post a few thoughts about yourself and send her your address.  I am so computer incompetent.  I don't know how to add addresses and I won't take the time to learn.  A few facts:

  1.  I love scarves, I am always cold.
  2.  I love candles, no pina colada smells  (I won't even tell you what I really call pina colada)
  3.  I love to read, but also hate romance novels.
  4.  Love chocolate and food
 I am a very busy person, almost all things interest me. I love news shows.  Don't ever watch TV unless it is  a DVD or a news program.  I just don't have time.  I also love to cook and bake. Despise scrapbooking, because my pages look so bad.  I am not artistic in that sense.  I do sew well, knit, crochet, spin.  I have two spinning wheels.  I wish I had more time for this.  Some day!  I cannot quilt, I cannot cut out anything square or sew a straight line.  Like a curtain or a place mat are beyond me.  I can however look at a People magazine academy award edition.  See a dress, cut the pattern out of paper, and duplicate it and you would never know it was not bought at a store.  I can sew from any picture after making the pattern.   Now how is it I cannot sew a quilt where the seams match up?  Go figure.

  I love to be outside, digging in the dirt is one of my favorite things.  I raise chickens, have a big garden and raise bees for honey.  I am proper, conservative, with a liberal streak( it irritates my mother-in-law) if I am not in teaching clothes (dance), I am most comfortable in bib overalls, but on Sunday I am always in a Jackie O suit with heels (low).  I have my nails done(although I hate the expense and time it takes) and I have a housekeeper that comes in once a week to do the heavy scrubbing and protect my arthritic hands.  Married to same bum for 33 years:)  Have had 5 daughters, have raised 3 (two deceased), one grand son.  I am very pro advanced education.  I love financial blogs and am on track to be debt free with in the next 4 years.

Hooray!  I don't like Christmas because I am always so busy and I hope this will get me in the spirit.

Is that enough info?

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading more about you, Kim! I love Christmas... You need to take on less if you can so you can enjoy Christmas again my dear!! Life's too short!

    ReplyDelete