Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday, dribs and drabs of thought



     Hi Sissie!  This is what I look up at most mornings when I am blogging.  Sometimes it is his backside depending on his mood.  He is one big old cat!
.



Rucifee asks,  "Are you blogging again?"

     Have several sewing projects that are due today, so I will be busy in the shop.  Just realized I forgot to run the rent check to the landlord for the studio.  What am I thinking.  I wrote it last week.  Crazy me.

     It will be minimums this month on the CC's it took so much to catch up from summer.  I hope to be on an even keel next month.  Our second daughter will go off our health insurance plan and that will drop it by about $30.00 a month.  Our car insurance will drop by about $50.00 and our cell phone bill has gone from
$220.00 for 5 phones to $136.00 for 4 phones.  Only one is a smart phone.  So the reality is we should see about a $200.00 a month savings overall.  It is a bittersweet savings as my second child is really grown up.

     Our oldest was in a car accident yesterday.  She was rear ended and then shoved into a big pickup.  Did quite a bit of damage to her car.  I asked her if she let the guy who hit her know she was a prosecutor.  She said no and signaled the Police officer who arrived to not tell him either.  She said he was upset enough, but he was sited.  No one wants to hit an attorney.

   I had such a peaceful day yesterday, just worked through my list.  I think having a well organized, clean house makes me happy.  It makes my Husband happy.  It also saves me money.  I am busy, I realize I have all I need and I want less.  I am satisfied with what I have.  When you care for something you grow to love it and cherish it, this helps satisfy cravings for new things.

     I need to figure out what I am going to do with the thawed out chicken in the fridge.  I also would like to get some ironing done today as it is taking over.  Maybe if I just set a goal for 10 pieces.  Okay the pillow cases and 10 pieces.  I can do that.

     It is homecoming season and I have many dresses coming in today.  I also have a few going out.  So I had better go brush the old teeth, set the hair, do a house run through and get busy.  I only have one class to teach tonight.

     Out My Window:  Cooler by a long shot, like 30 degrees cooler.  It is great!  I really need to do yard work this weekend.  Hope I can talk myself into it.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. I sure hope she's OK. ... I'm with you on the clean, organized house. In fact, I am taking a break from cleaning out drawers to check the blogs :)
    Enjoy your day!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the car accident! That's certainly no fun for sure!! I, too, love a clean and organized home. I hope to finally get there soon!!

    Yes, homecoming. I think I officially talked my kids out of going this year...such drama...

    I'm lovin the cooler weather! I can finally open up all the windows and get rid of this floor smell once and for all! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope DD is ok!!

    Wish you were here to help me sew on the &*^&#%!$% patches for Bossy's scout uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Oldest DD recovers quickly from any pains from her accident. Never any fun having those, no matter who caused it.

    Just say no to pillowcase ironing. Seriously, Sluggy says to just let that go! 8-) Or do I have to come there and break that iron?!

    I actually got into the car today and drove to the dr. office but shhhh, don't tell the mobile blood lab or they'll make me drive to the hospital now to have blood drawn, and I'm not quite "there" yet.

    In other news.....I just found out I am probably related to Boyd K. Packer....a branch of my Packer family went off and become Mormons. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your dd's accident. I was rear ended several years back and still have to see a chiropractor. No fun.
    Ironing pillow cases? I don't think I ever have - LOL! I remember one of my aunts used to iron sheets and pillow cases - we thought she was nuts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm, yeah, save yourself some time & stop ironing pillow cases. ;-)

    ReplyDelete