Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday, blah must start taxes today!

     So I am getting ready to take all my files up to the dining room and get ready to do my taxes.  I am also getting ready for a back ache sitting hunched over an adding machine.  Every year I get stiff and sore doing this.

     I need to go to Staples and get a new ink cartridge for my adding machine.  I also need to do a little banking before I start.  The last bill of the month will be paid.  I will pay the tithing on Sunday, then off to February.  Wow we just had a bad brown out and I did not lose anything!

     Hubs and I went to Arby's last night for dinner.  I had a coupon and a free meal card so it cost us nothing.  They have these huge fish sandwiches on special and I just eat the fish, my chicken eats the bread!  I was just too wiped out to cook.  My arthritis meds are working but boy do they make me tired.  I mean bone crunching tired and I don't like that feeling, although I will take it over the pain.

     I need to finish one project in the shop today, I am going to get my housekeeper to help me as the project will be easier with two of us measuring.  Housekeeper is having surgery on Monday, so I may be at her place most of the day after the accountants, reversing roles.  I just don't want her to be alone before her mom gets off work.

     Well I have so much to do in the next two days, adding and adding.  But it will get done and I won't have to face it for a year!  Yippee!

Out My Window:  It is supposed to get cold again, drat hate the bills when it is cold, but love the snow.  Okay don't throw things at your screen, because they won't hit me.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim
    

6 comments:

  1. Us too, it is tax time and I am dreading it! Want to get it done earlier than later, that way if we owe, which we usually do, then we have one extra check and a bonus to save part of.

    I know this cold is not good with your arthritis either. Sending warm vibes your way - a balmy 70 today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine took 20 minutes, no adding machine here, the software did all the work lol

    Good luck!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are waiting on more snow..I wonder if I mail you a snowball if I can get DH to throw it at you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do my taxes online with H & R Block and it is soooo much easier than doing them manually like I used to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck! I am waiting on one last W2, so hopefully I can do my taxes as soon as I get those. Hope you feel better! On our side of the map, they're calling for more snow/rain this coming week. We'll see what the groundhog has to say about spring when it's freezing out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with that. Our taxes are pretty straightforward so I do them online. Easy. Hubby brought home his w-2 last night so I can do them this weekend. Usually I work on them during the super bowl :)

    ReplyDelete