Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday, Happy St. Paddy's Day!

     On St. Paddy's Say everyone is Irish!  The show is over and it was wonderful.  The kids were so good.  I though the musicians a little weak and I will be more on top of that next year, but all in all fabulous.  I am so tired I could cry and I need a few days to recoup.  Right now the shop is full of costumes to return.  I have to go down to the studio to tape the floor, but I cancelled my classes for tonight.  I gave my dancers St. Paddy's day off.  They worked so hard over the weekend.

     I had a wonderful time with mom and my girl friends and so many good laughs.  So grateful they were able to bring her.  Hubs and I will be going to mom's during spring break to clean out the flower beds and get the yard ready.  We will then drive on to our daughters and then to his folks.  Make a loop so to speak.  It will be nice to get away!  Now I will need money to do this so I have to get busy, but not today, maybe tomorrow.

     I noticed that I am way down on meat.  I have not bought meat since the second week in January and I have very little left.  I need to do an inventory of the freezers and do a stock up.  So I will need to watch the sales. 

     It was 59 yesterday and so beautiful.  Of course today it is 45  the wind in blowing and it looks like rain.  I plan to start getting out in the yard this week.  I want to go out for at least 2 hours every morning and get the beds and the pond cleaned out.  So looking forward to getting my hands in the dirt.  There is something rejuvenating about the soil and planting.
    
     After I get done with this post I am going to take all the costume pieces to the truck.  I need to continue doing laundry and then inventory the shop.  I know I have a dress that needs to go out today and a few other things.  Anyway it is a full on mess, so I really need to figure out what is going on before I get myself in trouble. I am good at getting in trouble.

     I feel a nap coming on.....

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. I knew it will go great! But I'm happy with you that it's over :) Now go get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you hosting your mom and friends as well as pulling off a great show. You have earned quite a nap...or two!! I can see a snowdrop or two poking up but still can't anywhere near them as they are surrounded still by snow. Soon...I hope to enjoy the dirt as much as you do :)

    ReplyDelete