Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday, I don't have to do it all today!

     Our neighbor left for the San Islands and said we could come and pick all the fruit we wanted.  I have enough tomatoes for a canner full of jars and then want to pick apricots ( they are my favorite fruit) and also pick peaches.  I will not do it today unless it is later in the evening. 

     My son -in -law is coming to spend a few days, actually nights so I really need to cleanup around here.  Lot's of house work and laundry I have let slide over the weekend, which by the way was lovely.  Watched net flix, took a long bike ride. Went and did a little luxury shopping.  Spent a whopping $40.00.  I know, I know last of the big spenders.

     Last night as it was cooler I made a triple batch of oatmeal,raisin cookies.  Hub's took several dozen to work and I filled the cookie jar and still have some to hold over.  I haven't baked for a long time as Hub's is quite over weight and I am still working on my steroid weight from last summer.  But with son coming I wanted something he would snack on and I do love to bake.  Cookies are delicious and I gained 5 lbs over the weekend.  How does that happen?  Blah!

     So I have a lot of work to do today and I need to get busy.  The shop is full and more is coming in all the time.  I am going to get my quota done and then hit this house with a vengeance.  Or I might make a game of it and just putter all day.

     The really nice thing about this week is that I have no real pressures, other than the shop and what I want to put on myself and that is so unusual.  I push myself too hard and I was planning today and was going to get a bunch of canning done in addition to cleaning (to perfection) and sewing and I thought, "STOP".  You don't have to do this all today!  That was a nice feeling.  I don't have to do it all today.

     Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment: