Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday, trying to make progress.

   Posting later in the day....

  I had a call from my dentists office that they had a 2.5 hour cancellation this morning, so would I like to come in and finish up my work?  You betcha.  But it about killed me, keeping my jaw open for that long and as my jaw really is frozen and does not open even wide enough to take a bite of a hamburger most days, getting even a child's size rubber damn in my mouth was hell.  But the work is done.  All the restorative work that needed to be done is done.  It has taken almost 18 months. I had a ton of old fillings that were leaking.  I really have not had a cavity in years and years.

     I also got B's college papers in I think.  They might want some documentation but we will see. I  was able to get my Aunt's fabric boxed up and labeled just need to get to the post office.   I printed out a bunch of medical forms to get reimbursed.  I cleaned down the dirty steps to the down stairs.  Got enough cat and dog fur to make a pillow.  I did all of my ironing last night as I watched a movie.  So my list is getting smaller.  I will just keep hacking at it.

     We are having a bad wind storm right now and that is not good for the local fires.  It will have to be really bad before Hub's is called out.  They don't like to pay Foresters overtime they are too expensive.  Yeah that is why I worked 4-5 jobs most of my life to augment that expensive income:)  Okay a little sarcasm.

     I have been so appalled at the price of groceries lately especially meat, but with the garden and all the fruit going ripe this last month I have not felt the pinch too badly.  Apricots, cherries, plums, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries as much as we can eat and then some.  I also found whole chickens on sale for 69 cents a lb.  That is almost unheard of anymore, so I bought all they had out.  10 chickens!  My freezer is pretty full.  Then I found 80/20 ground beef for $1.69 a lb, so I stocked up and I had no room so I made several meat loafs.  We will have one for dinner tonight and leftovers tomorrow.  I can wedge the others into the freezer as they are smaller.  I love having things cooked up and in the freezer to thaw.  I just pull out the meat and go out to the garden pick what is ripe and dinner is done. 

     I think I will start canning tomatoes this weekend.  I did not do any last year and I love my big quarts of home canned tomatoes.  Now I hear thunder and lightening, crap, I hope we don't have any new fires.  It has been really smokey out and it affects my breathing.

     Well I need to get my butt in the shop as it is almost 5 p.m. and I have gotten no sewing done today! Shame on me.

Have a great and restful evening.

Kim

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why your jaw doesn't open well, but I had that problem for years and years and was told surgery was the only way to fix it. I remember thinking I'd never be able to eat a banana normally again because no way was I having surgery for it. I tried everything and the chiropractor actually was able to help tremendously. My mouth still doesn't open really wide, but I don't notice it any more and eat whatever I want without trouble. Just telling my story so you know what worked for one person. Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the work done! Finally! I really hope the fires are not bad. We had fires here a couple of years ago and the devastation is still so sad.

    I wish all those fruits and vegetables grew here! Part of me wants that lifestyle and the other wants to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to have a garden! We did the same when I was a child. Mom would call out the back door what she wanted us to pick for dinner. From garden to plate in just a few minutes. Can't get any fresher than that! Soooooo glad your restorative work is all done!! I can't handle the rubber dam in my mouth - makes me claustrophobic - one time I grabbed the dentist's arm and made him remove it - I just couldn't breathe and was getting panicky. Scary.

    ReplyDelete