Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday, I pulled a Sluggy yesterday!

     I am so proud of me.  I just never really understood Sluggy and her obsession ( yes obsession) with Rite -aid.  We have one here but the prices for things I would buy are 1-2 dollars higher than Wal-mart.  (beauty supplies, meds, paper products)  But all of my makeup and face cream was running out as I left Florida and I needed to do a major fix up which would be a little spendy. I knew the prices at Wal- Mart so I decided to go into the Rite aid.  I needed two Olay items that totaled over $35.00.  They had buy one get one 1/2 off so that alone saved over Wal-mart.  Okay  Also buy one makeup get one 1/2 off and I needed 4 items. So the same thing.  Then I really started to look at what I was doing when the clerk asked me if I had any coupons.  I can get coupons?  Yes off the internet.  So I told her to hold my things as Rite aid is only 3 minutes from my house.  I went home and sure enough there was a $2.00 and a $3.00 off coupon on the Olay products.  So I printed the candy, the hair color, the fem hygiene and went back.  Well all told I was able to get my hair touch up for about $1.50.  $7.99-2.99coupon in sale flier-$1.50 coupon off internet- $1.00 coupon in store then I also receive up dollars.

     When I was done I was able to accrue 14.00 in up rewards so take what I would have spent at Wal mart, for my 11 items  approx. $106.00, what I spent at Rite aid $74.00 and then subtract $14.00 I saved $46.00.  Hey this is the way to go.  If I had known the program better I am sure I could have saved even more.  I am sold.

     This week I plan to do the cereal deal they have.  3 for 9, but I have $2.25 in coupon also $1.00 if you buy 3  so less $3.25 makes three boxes of cereal $5.75, then you get a free gallon of milk.  Now those boxes of cereal cost $2.75.

It is the little things that count you know!

Thanks Sluggy you are the best!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, you converted me long ago. I just cannot stand long enough to even gather the items. Standing on concrete hurts worse than standing on grass.

      Delete
  2. Apply your savings to your debt and you will beat Sarah to 5 figures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just not going to let this go are you? Nag, nag, nag........

      Delete