Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday, Trying for motivation....

 Had Swedish meatballs, potatoes, and a can of green beans for dinner.  We have left over potatoes and I kept out a meat loaf for today.  Will heat up a can of veggies.  See how good I am at trying to use the storage? 

   Okay it is really the 17th you caught me at my stupidity again, or maybe just wishful thinking.  I do a lot of wishful thinking.  It is part of my nature to try to be positive,  observe the word try, as this does not come naturally.  I love me a Saturday where I feel I can get done what I want with no planned agenda.

     Hub's got up and cleaned the church today and is now on his way to the backyard and I want to join him in a little while.  I have plenty of housework today as I concentrated on sewing when I got back from the funeral.

     Sewed really hard yesterday and also made a major batch of food.  6 dozen Swedish meatballs, which I made twice as big as normal so they freeze in bags of 12 which is more than enough for a dinner and left overs.  I then made 2 huge meat loaves which I cut in half and froze. One of these is plenty for us with leftovers for sandwiches.  Alas I left my kitchen a grease ball mess so as soon as I clean up and start the laundry I will clean the kitchen and join hub's in the yard.

     I keep thinking I will catch up in the shop but the local police are contrary.  I had enough of their sewing come in yesterday to keep me busy and everyone that picked up seem to bring more. Teachers and I sat up very late last night and watched 2 Mary Poppins movies to try and start jelling a story board for the spring show.  My imagination will have something to work on while I rake leaves.

     I swear I have never seen the amount of whirly gigs out on the the porch as I have this year.  It must be a bumper crop and they need to go before they decide to seed them selves in the yard and the cracks of every nook and cranny they can find.

     I also need to go to the grocery store and get a few things, Hubs needs cleaning supplies for the church, and the dog has managed to lose her collar. So later today we will be off to putz around town.

     Out My Window:  Back yard you are going down!


Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm what's a whirly gig I wonder?? Do you not have snow since you are going out into your backyard? Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete