Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday, today I WILL work, maybe?

No spend, left over meat, salad, green beans and sprouts for dinner.  We have a ton of salad left over for this evening and I think I will do more corn as we need to use it up, not sure what to do for meat.  I know a bacon and tomato salad or sandwich with salad.  We ate the first of our green beans and will have plenty more where those came from.  We also will have summer squash by the end of the week.

    I was a lazy daisy yesterday.  I balanced the accounts and robbed every account I could to make the house payment.  Then I came home and I started to sew but ended up in the backyard reading a book in the sun.  I don't know how I got there.  Total mystery.

     Hub's was out in a helicopter yesterday looking for bug kill acreage.  A fire was spotted so he and his companion were dropped off on a meadow high in the mountains, no food, no water.  He was able to text me from the spot so that was surprising.  The copter wanted to get a small papoose bucket hooked up immediately to set on the fire before the wind picked up.  The text I got gave me his location and that he hoped to be home in the p.m.  That was it.  It used to be his secretary would call and say he was dispatched and I would hear the horror stories after.  Now I get to create my own until he gets home.  He was home at his normal time, so all was well.  We are really short of rain in June here so the fire season may be a bad one, every one is on edge.  Some are on the edge of a mountain.

     After dinner last night Hub's and I left the dog at home and walked the loop which is 5 miles.  It is lovely and cool by the river even thought it was 93.  There is a subsidence wind that comes off levy and it is nice.  It took us 1.5 hours.  Hub's walks a lot slower than me and that is an aggravation I hope as he continues to lose weight he can speed up.

     Just want you to know I did absolutely nothing constructive yesterday in the shop, yard or house.  Now I have to pay the piper.  I will soon be out of clothes to wear as the laundry is growing larger and the ironing is taking over.  There are two wedding dresses in my shop due out by the end of the week and two more coming in today.  You mean I have to do something?  I can't lay around the back deck drinking soda and reading a novel?  But why?  Say that in the whiniest voice you have and it will not come close to my whiny voice.  I have mastered the whiny voice.  I learned it from my kids. Blah

so........

Have a great and productive day.

Kim
    

1 comment:

  1. I think reading a book is productive....it produces happiness!

    ReplyDelete