Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuesday, Home again!

     We arrived last night with Hub's folks.  Mom and Sis both sick with aftermath of what Hub's and I had last week.  I feel bad as they all had it go into their lungs and have bad, bad coughs.  I had a little sinus and that is it.  What is weird is that I have this very reduced immune system and take a drug that actually causes sinus infections, it makes me wonder if this forced me away from the chest part of the virus.  Weird but I am glad about that no coughing and wetting my pants.  Okay too much info.

     The shop should be busy today as people have been calling all week and will descend soon. My sister has been busy around the house and it looks so much better.  Still so much to do.  Hope to have the big reveal to you by the end of the week. 

     Really have no idea what we are going to do with Hub's folks, but his dad is starting to have real problems with dementia. This is harder on his mother.  She has all the care and the worry.  She is tired and just needs a break.  Hub's dad can be cantankerous and hard to get along with, I seem to have a way of getting him to behave.  This is a real worry for both of us.  We had planned on going on a little vacation with them but as money is so tight because of the water heater we decided that was not an option.  Hub's mom was so upset.  Not about the lack of vacation as she is a very kind and giving person.  But she was just so looking forward to a break from his dad and getting away some where, any where.  So they are here and we will see how it goes.  Right now she is on the back deck with my sister who is painting the back door.  Dad is sitting in kitchen eating cherries.   I think it is more the separation from each other that is important.

     Right now there is unpacking and laundry up the wahzoo,  just many little things that need attention.  My biggest headache besides the finishing of the kitchen and dining room is the weeding of the garden and flower beds.  I am way behind and I just don't know when I will be able to catch up. Maybe I can get Hub's dad and mom on that?  Yeah come visit and weed will you?  Their garden is perfect and weed free.

Well I am off to the races and glad to be back.  Hopefully I will have a little more time to comment on all of your blogs.  Mom is having a coughing fit have to go.........

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Glad you feel better. Can't wait for the kitchen PICS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your husband's parents, that can be very stressful. I absolutely hate weeding the garden! It probably wouldn't be so terrible if I didn't let it get so overgrown in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say YES, get them weeding! They'll feel like they are helping out and then reward them with a day out somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have Hubs go live with his parents for awhile.....that way, they get a break from each other(a mediator?)and you get a break from retired Hubs.
    Win/Win!
    You are welcomed.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete