Saturday, September 17, 2016

Saturday, I am tired....

     Bride came in off a flight at 7 p.m. and her dress fit perfectly now I just have to put it back together.  Hub's is upstairs with a string quartet getting ready for a wedding gig.  They sound great.  I am in trouble with mother as I have no treats for them after they practice.  As in tea and cakes.  So I am a bad hostess. 

     I was raised better.  People do not come to your home for any reason without being served something homemade with a beverage.  I am a failure.  I knew they were coming but did not think to tell her and I was just too, TOO something.  She is hiding in her room and I am trying really hard not to go to sleep at the computer.

     Gotta run and hide from my mom....

Kim

3 comments:

  1. Hide! I am pretty sure everyone will be fine without tea and cakes after or during practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do people still do that? Tea and cakes in 2016? I don't think so......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not tea and cakes, but certainly tea and something. Like cookies, or a sweet bread, or coffee cake. I live in the old world....

      Delete