Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday, sniffy

     I am developing a sniffy runny nose cold.  Great!  I love these.

Got together with teachers from studio to story board Alice in Wonderland.  Mom has book club today and I need to balance checking accounts.  We have a funeral tomorrow and I need to make a dessert for this.  Have no idea what I will make.

Lil sis and I will get together tonight to do mom's meds.  We are going to take over and make sure she takes her meds as she leaves pills all over and we don't know what they are.  She keeps saying she can take care of herself, but she really can't and this might be part of her behavior problem; the fact that she hasn't taken the right meds.  She as so many stomach problems and takes many supplements.  These might not be necessary and might also be contributing to her stomach upset.  She does not want to take an anti depressant so we think she is purposely skipping these.  Anything she can do to keep herself miserable and punish us is okay in her books.

The weather is supposed to turn tomorrow and get above freezing.  We have now had snow on the ground for over 6 weeks, I don't remember this ever happening in Lewiston.  It has been a killer for my business. A couple of  days of warm weather and melting need to happen and soon.

I am taking Benedryl and it is making me groggy.  But I need to keep my sinuses open to prevent infection. Why does every bug and ism have to attack me?    I am also treating myself for a fungal infection I recently developed.  I am susceptible to these from the auto immune drugs I take. Life is so fun.  I thought I had been bitten my something on my right Butt cheek, no welt or indication of a bite was evident.  On Saturday night when I was getting ready for bed I felt a raised indentation on my bottom.  So as I cannot see my butt I asked Hub's to look at it.  Actually I said, " Will you look at my butt and don't get any ideas."  After all this is what husbands are for as long as they don't get ideas.  Well it was pretty obvious to him that I had an infection.  TMI right?

So what to make?  I have a ton of cake mixes so I think I will do a bundt cake as it is easy.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim
.

    

9 comments:

  1. We just took over my MIL medication and it seems to have helped some. She was not happy about it at first but we have a routine down now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we realized in doing her meds tonight she was out of her anti anxiety and had refused to put in her pills for depression. She doesn't need them. I am going to start giving them to her and make sure she takes them. s

      Delete
  2. "and don't get any ideas"...lol. very occasionally I have to as exbf to look at things. I say, "I am not trying to entice you."

    I think taking over her meds may be the solution to the problems with her. Exbf will ask me what a certain pill on the floor is and why it is there. Beats me! I find pills everywhere! I usually drop them on my blouse on the way to my mouth and then they fall elsewhere. Now, I count the pills in my hand and pills in my mouth using my tongue.

    If you take pseudoephedrine for the sinus you won't be as drowsy as with Benadryl. Just get the generic and the one that only has pseudoephedrine. I understand as all I want to do with Benadryl is sleep or just sit around and drool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom goes through and only takes the pills she wants.

      Delete
  3. eat yogert for sinuses my daughter had a bad one her doctor said that it takes care of bacteria infections

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a semi-retired nurse, there is never TMI when it comes to medical issues! Definitely take over your moms meds. Also make sure she is drinking plenty of water. Elderly people are prone to UTIs and trust me, when they get one, watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes she is such a joy but I will watch her more closely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a January like this one! We have had so much RAIN! The grass is as green as...well, GRASS! My dad never lost the ability to takes his pills properly but my mother had dementia and had to have it done for her. It was very sad.

    ReplyDelete