Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday, The Sun is Shining!

         I just spent the afternoon working in the yard!  It was wonderful!  I got the back deck swept and the deck furniture out.  I cleaned off the two brick patios, and scrubbed off the outdoor patio furniture.  Cleaned all the dead flowers out of the back flower boxes.  Many trips up and down the lot to return and find things I needed.  Hopefully I will be able to spend at least and hour or two outside every day for a while.  It will certainly change my mood.

     I still have to empty the hanging flower pots off the deck.  We think they are too heavy so we will switch them out back and forth to even the load.  I also have to replace the hemp liners, so I will look for a sale on those.  Our french drains have to be replaced this year.  Not a huge expense but a huge job.  All the gravel that is in the drain must be removed a wheel barrel at a time and then piled on one of the patios.  This will involve removing two sets of steps.  One set needs an inside board replaced so that is not a big deal.  Then when the rock is out I will pull up the ground cloth and put in new and a new drain length.  Then the rock that was removed has to be cleaned and screened and washed and replace in the drain.  This is a back breaking intense job.  I have one wheel barrel worth of rock piled on the patio.  It will take about 30 of those.  But think of the exercise.

     I am hosting a baby shower for my nephews wife this next Saturday.  She is having her 4th boy.  I am doing a Mickey mouse theme.  It is a brunch from 10-12 and I will serve an orange spritzer punch, quiche, different home made muffins, and a Swedish coffee cake, and fruit. I don't want to spend a ton of money.  The dollar store is great for this sort of thing.I will have to buy fruit and juice as I have everything else.  I will also buy some helium balloons next Friday. Mom is excited she loves to plan parties.  I get to do the work and she gets to take the credit!

     Well I am off to attend a women's basketball game at the college.  Hubs is playing for a benefit and will join me and another couple for dinner later.

     It is Franka's birthday today so I am trying to stay busy.  B(#3) came down from the University today to give me a hug as the kid's know it is a hard day for Hub's and I and she is the closest.  It always helps to hug one of my girls.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to be outside today. I am hoping to do a few things in the yard tomorrow (weather permitting)
    I don't envy the French drain replacement. That is seriously hard work.
    The food for the shower sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are able to have your deck furniture out already!! But I am glad you can work outside - I know how therapeutic that is for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so much farther north than I am and I feel for you as I know you love to be outside. We are heading into our rainy season.

      Delete