Cheery Cherry Apron and Monday Saving Madness
April 1st (okay two days late) I was to busy being a Fool on Saturday). Here it is cheery cherry apron give away. Again I did not watch mom and she cut this darling pattern upside down. It is a lined one size fits all dbl pocket apron, with one scrappy hot pad as mom cannot waste anything. You will have a chance put in the drawing for every comment you leave, from now until the 16th of April. You can also get an extra entries by linking to my blog.
Big things going on around here. I was able to work for about 16 hours in the back yard Friday and Saturday. My Lil sis helped me alot. There is still so much left to do out there. I do have both of the patios cleared off, but we need to find places for dirt and I have done nothing to clean the rock out of the garden area. There is still an entire slate path to put back together and we have to tear up part of a flat brick patio as it has started to sag near the house. Hubs purchased two bags of sand to help with the leveling. Anyway lil sis and I took about 20 bags of garden and yard trash to the dump and I have not even started on the flower beds. We also went to the dump, dump with many items so a good clean out it was. This was without Hub's as he always argues about what is trash. I try to do this without him. It saves an argument.
I have worked so hard I am exhausted. My hands are so sore and my back is on fire.
I was trying frantically to finish up part of the yard and get the house cleaned up. Every sink and pathway was a mud dump. Even though I leave my garden clogs at the door, I still drag so much dirt through the house. It is wet muddy work and I have to use the facilities and then my pants have dirt and mud all over them. I am just like pig pen.
I was able to get the master bed linens changed and the master bath and bedroom nice and sparkly, I also was able to do the spare room and guest bath which was a horrible mud mess as I use the bath the most. I had swept all the dirt and removed all the throw rugs and had them piled in the formal front room where of course the dog had chewed up pine cones all over the Persian rug. Finally I realized there was no way I could get it all done before I had to pick up hub's at the airport so I jumped in the tub and washed my hair, I figured he could have a clean house or a clean wife. I still have not cleaned up the front room or the kitchen floor. I figure I will just trash them again when I work outside.
Sunday was conference so we stayed home and watched it on Youtube. I then went to lil sis's to help her hang drapes. I took over my big steamer and that made pressing them, much easier. We had two picture windows and 4 smaller widows to do, and they look really nice. Came home and made homemade spaghetti and french bread.
On my way back from the chicken coop I turned my left ankle. It is a little weak from and old injury. I tore the crap out of the tendons and broke it at my dad's funeral about 13 years ago. So now it is black and blue on top of the tarsal bones and very sore. I can walk on it but have to be careful. No taking long walks or exercise videos for a while I am afraid. Anyway enough whining.
Onto MONDAY MONEY SAVING MADNESS:
1. I did not cook one meal while hub's was gone, I just ate what I could find that was easy.
2. Mom and I had Taco Time coupons for our birthday. Buy one item get one free. So we used those. Cost was under $10.00 for both meals
3.We went out to dinner one night and mom and I split an entree as I can never finish anything and neither can she. We still brought home left overs. Which we ate for lunch the next day.
4. Only spent $35.18 on groceries used coupons for about $18.00 of this.
5. Did not go to Jo-anns at all
6. Had my bath rugs in the guest bath start to fray around the edges. I carefully resewed them by hand saving on buying new ones.
7. Lil sis works for a non profit that has a food bank attached. Every two weeks they must get rid of produce. They cannot give it to another food bank. So I received a large box full of beautiful oranges and apples, and carrots. I felt bad but meth addicts can't chew and citric acid is painful for them.
8.I never by small trash bags but use plastic grocer bags. I save them and use at least one everyday to dispose of cat litter.
9. Bought a large bag of over ripe bananas for $1.00 ( then mom killed the bread but we ate it anyway)
10. Picked up 6 pair of really nice slipper socks for Christmas. Regularly $6.99 marked down to .99, these will go with Christmas jammies I bought for $3.00, for my girls, mom and I.
What did you do this week to save money?
Have a great and productive day!