It was beautiful Friday and I was able to get all of my back flower boxes planted and all of my seedling starts for the garden planted. I also had to take mom to two appointments and run up and down stairs for the shop which continued to be busy. The back yard is coming together. But it is slow and there is still so much to do. I was also able to get the back brick step relaid, as hubs and his dad replace the back deck step that had rotted.
I will take some pictures of my progress but it got dark before I could on Friday and now it is raining again.
Saturday we took Hub's folks home. It was a 5 hour drive there, I drove mom in their car and Hub's drove his dad in our truck, then we stayed long enough to potty and then hopped back in the truck to head home. I drove the first 2.5 hours and Hubs took us into town. We left at 9:30 and we were home at 9 p.m. Such a long day. Then I stayed up late to make cinnamon rolls for mom's church. She helped a little so she could say she did it. I was laughing at her as she was down on herself about her ability to make breads anymore. I said, " well where do you think I learned to do this? I didn't come out of the womb this way you know. Somebody taught me and I think that somebody was you."
I know Hub's mom really enjoyed her break. She was able to read a couple of really good books I had and sleep well. She also was able to take long walks with Hubs. I did all of the evening cooking and it was a good restful time for her. Dad is very hard and his dementia is much worse. He can be really childish and hard to get along with and then really humble and sweet. Hubs kept him out of moms hair most of the week. Dad and I spent many hours discussing the Civil war. He would come down and sit in the shop and we would talk. Allowing mom and hubs to have time together, doing genealogy and walking. We will take them on some sort of vacation this summer just don't know where yet.
I am very tired and not feeling my best but hope it will pass. This is going to be a very busy week. I have an eye doctor appointment at 1 today and need to go into the studio tonight to work on a large group # with other dancers. The shop is very busy and of course I am behind:) The weather is guaranteed to be crappy so at least I will not be tempted to be outside.
Here are a few things that I did the last 2 weeks to save money.
1. I have been looking for a pair of Dansko sandals to replace a 7 year old pair that really have to go actually I have three pair that need to be laid to rest, but they are so expensive. Found a pair in Twin falls for 60% off. Yippee!
2. Only ate one meal out while traveling and daughter paid for it.
3. Daughter paid to have my nails done, I accepted the treat.
4. Saved on groceries, by traveling and then having Hub's folks who bought groceries while they were with us.
5. Started all my garden seeds with peat pellet refills.
6. Went to 4 different garden centers to check prices and did all my plantings with whatever was the least expensive at each center. I had a gift card from daughter and another $49.00 card from a return last fall. So I had all plants paid for.
7. Always buy the smallest plants and seed geraniums as things grow quickly and will fill out in about 3 weeks.
8.Cooked all meals at home and used food out of freezers and storage.
9. Used coupons for all purchases at Jo-anns (Shop supplies)
10. Picked up double kneed logger pants for hub's 80% off in Twin falls. Hub's insists on dressing like a hillbilly and his double knee car harts are about $58.00 a pair. Found two pairs for $12.00 apiece and bought them. They also had really good heavy cotton shirts for $7.50 bought him two. So now he can dress like a farmer with no holes, paint and chainsaw grease on his clothes. Threw away two pairs of his pants. (SHHHHH don't tell)
11. Really cut back on Easter this year. I love to make Easter baskets, but my kids are 24, 29, 36 do I really need to do this? I have grand kids now. So I did something small for grandsons and made two smaller baskets for 24 year old and her significant other. Then purchased Easter lilies for mom and Mother -in-law.
What have you done lately to save money?
Have a great and productive day!