Here we are at Monday again! The time flies by unless you are in labor, or waiting for cookies to cool. I had a good week at money savings, but I could have done better. Mom likes to go to the grocery store, but she never pays for anything, she just shops and spends.
Frugal things I did this week to save money.
1. Ate all meals at home ( even got stood up for my lunch date)
2. Meats cooked came from our freezer
3. Made several delicious salads from the garden, new potato salad, cucumber, tomato salad, tossed salads
4. Ate green beans and small squash as vegetable several times.
5. As it is so hot made sugar free jello with fresh fruit, berries I picked. mom likes sweets and you can buy this at the canned food outlet for .26 a box. It is one way to get fluids in her.
6. re washed and dried larger plastic freezer bags to reuse. I never reuse meat bags.
7.Used coupons at Jo Anns for all purchases
8. Finally took back two items purchased on Mother's day weekend. My overalls were too big and I exchanged for a smaller size. A pair of shorts that was miss sized were no longer available so exchanged for a really nice gift for daughter. Before these would have sat around until I gave them away as I was too lazy to return them.
9.Made mom banana cream pie with crust previously frozen and bananas bought by the bag at .19 a pound. The rest will be used for bread.
10.went to dry cleaners and asked for recycled hangers for shop
I have sewing to do and a really hard Irish dance competition dress to get done this week. Hub's and I have been working on the deck. Well actually hub's has been I have been nagging but that is also work. Nagging is hard, I had to drink an extra diet coke just to get through one afternoon. Geez, men think it is easy and it is not.
I really need to try and get some weeding and cleaning done in the flower beds, it has just been so hot.
Hub's needs to go get,cat,dog, chicken feed. We need milk, I broke my favorite scraper and one of our sprinkler heads needs to be replaced. It is for the garden so is a must due immediately.
Have a great and productive day!