Monday, November 25, 2019

Monday, Yikes too many plans....

     We had a nice weekend but too much driving.  But when you live out west to get anywhere is a drive.  We were able to get to daughter's about 8 in the morning Friday.  We had fun with our grandson, he is such a corker.  Then that evening we went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert and it was amazing.  We have used their music for years in shows we have produced so the ASCAP fees were so worth it.  Then home so we could get up early and get to Stevensville Montana for my cousins 60th birthday party.

     We decided to leave the Schmills home and drive it in one day, thus saving a hotel room and a longer drive on Sunday.  We left at 8 and you lose an hour when you go into Montana.  We were able to get to the party at about 1:30 stayed for a few hours and then the 3.5 hour drive back to daughters. It was nice to see my cousins and my Aunt.  My girls just adore my cousins and they are like Uncles to them.  My  Aunt looked great and I hope I am as spry as her when I reach her age.

     Hubs and I were able to get up and go to church in Spokane and then we drove  the 2 hours back to our house.  Now hubs needs to go drive 5 hours to pick up his folks and he will drive back tomorrow with them.

     I was so tired after the long drive on Saturday that I went to bed at daughters at about 9 and slept hard until 8 the next morning.  Then I slept the two hour drive home and laid right down when I got home and slept until 5, then I got up and rushed around trying to figure out where I will put Hubs folks.  I wanted to put them downstairs but that is where we will be doing all the painting this week so then I had to clean out the guest room upstairs and haul everything down stairs.  Which I did get done.  Then I went to bed about 10 so I cannot call myself tired today.  Good grief I must have slept 24 hours in the last 48.

     The weekend was less expensive than anticipated as we were going to take the kids out to a nice dinner and our sitter situation did not work out.  Then we decided not to stay over in a hotel but drive straight through.  This save over $200.00 which was nice.

     Now I have to figure out how to process this mess I have myself in.  Our two younger daughters are coming down tonight along with at least one of their husbands. (sounds like they each have 2:)) We  (they) plan on painting the laundry room and hall and family room, plus replacing the last of the doors in the shop. (4 of them) They will also be removing and painting all the doors upstairs. The doors upstairs have to be primed and then oil base painted. This will be done in the garage.

     I am in a dither right now as the house is really dusty and dirty as I have not cleaned at all since before I left for Cancun which was a month ago.  Plus I have work that needs to be done in the shop.  I need to buy paint, and I have major cooking to do for thanksgiving dinner.  Once the in-laws arrive I will be cooking 3 meals a day or at least 2.  So I really need to get organized.  Organization not being one of my strong suits.

     My major problem is where to begin.   Not sure how to prioritize this, but I am grateful that hubs is gone so I don't have to argue with him about every little step and I don't have to cook and I don't have to watch him sit around and be aggravated by that.  I can work through this situation in my own peace(chaos).

So just what are my priorities:

1. organize shop  What has to be done?
2. clean out hall and pack up decorations
3. doctor appointment at 1:30
4. take down laundry and clean out laundry room  for painting
5. clean and vacuum family room and stairs  
6. clean and dust the entire upstairs (company ready)
    a. guest room
    b. guest bath
    c. our room
    d. our bath
    e. front room
    f. hall
    g. kitchen
    h. dining room
7. take daughter to buy supplies  and paint this evening
8. help son-in-law remove all doors
9. check pantry and shop for Thanksgiving (just need a few things)


Okay I think I am ready to face the day.  Let's see what I can get done.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

9 comments:

  1. Well, I can see how you are in a dither. Send one of those sils to help me. And, first all, sil can get the doors off by himself. Okay, that is one thing off your list. See how helpful I am?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a lot of driving! Driving and riding make me tired too.
    How nice that your kids ar3 going to do the home improvements. I’m sure you’ll figure out how to get everything done- you are superwoman 😀
    We saw TSO maybe 6 years ago and it was an amazing performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly blessed. Can't wait to see what gets done today!

      Delete
  3. Let others organize the painting chores. You work on food and cooking. Sometimes you just have to let go a little and go with the flow. You got this and they will have the rest.

    Be thankful my little chicky bird!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful. Today it is the shop and they can take care of the rest.

      Delete
  4. Don't forget to schedule in some time to enjoy being with your visitors! The world won't end if a few chores have to wait for later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I can get my MIL to help cook. She will love that.

      Delete
  5. It looks like you got a lot done. Enjoy all of your family!

    ReplyDelete