Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday, sad and exhausted

     I have been on a dead run since last Thursday and I am so tired, but I am also sad, as I just realized that Anne has lost her mom.  I cannot imagine waiting at the house for the ambulance to drop off my mother and to have a doctor call and say she had passed.  No matter how much work, or how sick a parent is, the final notice is so hard and shocking.  It is not something you can prepare for.  I am just sick for her, and there is nothing I can do but just be very sad.

     We have all worked so hard on this house, and it is still a work in progress.   All the upstairs closets are clean but one needs to be painted and I hope to get that done today or tomorrow.  It was only 4-5 closets not 45 as in the previous post.  Yes my sight reading skills are defunct as are many of my other skills right now.

     Having all the girls and the three grandsons here yesterday, was so fun and also so much work.  We loved every minute of it, but after they all left the silence was golden.  I forgot how much noise everyone makes in this family,(we all are talkers) and then add three boys on top of that.  Crazy chaos.  We have to keep this house show clean and it was impossible.  I have a showing at 7:15 tonight and a video zoom tomorrow at 10:00.  But with three little boys it was impossible to keep this place clean.  Now that they are all gone I don't know if I have the strength to get the house back.

  Even though I had swept all the hardwoods on Thursday, I pulled all the rugs yesterday morning and did them again and got a pile of dirt big enough to plant a geranium.  So I will have to do that again today.  The mirrors that are within the height of a 4 year olds hand must also be redone.  The trash can that was empty on Friday is now full to the brim.  We just found a dead mouse in the family room, don't know which cat brought it in.  GREAT!

     I mean it is non stop, plus I have wedding dresses and  bridesmaid dresses due out this week.  I have not tackled the closets in the shop of under the stairs that still have to be cleaned out.  They are actually clean I just have to move all the bins to my sister's basement.

     Last night all three of the boys pulled the lights out of flower boxes that light up the yard at night.  We took out the pointy ends before someone poked out an eye.  They then proceeded to run around in the dark chasing each other and playing police dogs.  What ever that is? This involved much barking and screaming. Finally at 10:00 we made them come in so the neighborhood could sleep.The girls and I sat on the back porch and laughed at them.
 
     Both the younger girls look so cute.  B is 7 months pregnant and just as skinny as a rail, with this bump out in front.  S is much shorter, but has lost so much weight as she has been so sick ad she is 6 months pregnant with her 2nd baby.  S is like me when she is pregnant and I feel for her.

     I got the eldest packed up and her boys loaded this morning and of course at the last  minute she pulls two pairs of jeans out that need to be patched and a pair of navy dress pants that need hemmed.  So I was frantically trying to get sewing done after making Swedish pancakes for the troop.
She has a 8 hour trip a head of her and has to be back at the court house tomorrow morning.

     I am so grateful for her help I don't know what I would have done without her.  Lil sis has also worked like a dog over here.  Family what would you do without them?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

14 comments:

  1. I love the game police dogs. I don't think any of mine ever came up with that!
    Because of Covid and the times, nothing seems real. I think because what would be normal after a death is not happening and My Beloved Sister and I are still meeting at Mom's in the morning going over her mail and bills and what nots like nothing has happened. Even the service arrangements feel like nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne I have 4 friends including my cousin who lost his 30 yr old son (due to complications from being shoot in the stomach by his best friend 4 yrs ago). They have all said it's surreal... somethings have to be done (like me writing my mother's obit the morning of Thanksgiving while fixing the meal) LIFE doesn't stop, neither will the love from your mother.

      Delete
    2. You will suffer from grief brain for a long while give yourself breaks and chocolate. It just won't seem real for a long time.But thank goodness you have a sister to go through this with you. You will have many laughs and a few tears. But more laughs, trust me.

      Delete
  2. I figured that 45 was just hyperbole because it seemed there were so many. Have you seen "Live PD"? They often have a police dog running down a suspect and biting and mauling the suspect if he tries to keep running. It sounds like a wild weekend at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nigbtmares about the amount of work when we decide to sell. It will be worse than my parents house or the old cabin and garage.Good for you getting help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much work and I think of all the things in storage and then all we still have in here and I shudder. We are not hoarders by any means, but every closet and drawer was or is full to the brim.

      Delete
  4. We spent a week clearing out Daddy's and getting it ready to sell... Sold the first showing. On the other hand my stepbrother had to take 3 yrs to clear the property and home of Mother and Pop. He was stuck with the nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oklahoma court houses have been closed for weeks but open next week. I sure hope they have some social distancing enforcement. My son is also an attorney and has mostly been working from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter said it is a nightmare there. She cannot sit a jury until August 1st.

      Delete
  6. My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr Ebhota herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was doubtful to try the Protocol thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by my friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of HPV/WART. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, and since I have be taking it for less than 3 days I have less outbreak. But within one week i was fully cured from WART/HPV. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great herb doctor contact with you all email him drebhotasolution@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348089535482. Pls try and help yourself out of warts completely today. he also c My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr Ebhota herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was doubtful to try the Protocol thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by my friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of HPV/WART. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, and since I have be taking it for less than 3 days I have less outbreak. But within one week i was fully cured from WART/HPV. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great herb doctor contact with you all email him drebhotasolution@gmail.com o r whatsapp +2348089535482. Pls try and help yourself out of warts completely today. he ure DIABETIES ULCAL CANCER etc.He also told me that he has solution for the flowing.1 Cancer cure2 Diabetes cure3 Ringing ear4 Herpes cure5 Warts cure6 HPV cure7 Get your ex back8 Pregnancy herbal medicine9 Prostate enlargement10 Hepatitis B11 Disability12 Kidney problem Etc

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless Dr Ebacol for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched out some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr Ebacol, how he cured HERPES,DIABETES,HIV,and CANCER with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr Ebacol truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don’t you contact him through his EMAIL:    drebacolherbalhome1@gmail.com  call or whatsApp him on +2348159042641    

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete