Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday, thanks for the reality check!

     Thanks guys, I really needed a slap up alongside the head.  Where is my common sense?  I think it flew out my window (snort) during this crisis.  Every comment yesterday hit home and made me realize how  silly I was.  All I can keep saying to myself is, What was I thinking?Was I thinking?  It is so nice to have this blog to vent on and get some really good needed advice.

     Yesterday our daughter #2 came down with their boat and the Schmills and we went out on the lake.  It was a little cold, but soon warmed up enough that we had a good couple of hours on the water.  We then came home and I made a nice spaghetti dinner with the sauce I had previously frozen.  I had a coupon for a free loaf of french bread and we can now pick lettuces out of the garden.  Schmills ate a lot of spaghetti as he is now a dinosaur.  Just ask him he will roar at you.

     My niece is here from St. Louis, as Lil sis flew her out here for a week.  She was getting really house bound and Lil sis was worried about her, so we will have a good time visiting.

     I had a wedding dress picked up today and that was good, as I am very motivated by money and as so little has come in recently it makes it hard for me to sew.  I have a another wedding dress ready for try on and I can't finish it , so as soon as the bride calls back I can get that going.  Then there is another I will work on today.  I will get a suit altered and a bridesmaids dress done. If only I could get myself to finish up the piles that have been here for two months. It is embarrassing.

     Still finding it hard to motivate myself, but I feel so much better about the house after yesterday's post.

     It is rainy and cold out and will be until Saturday.  So I have no excuse not to work in the shop.  I have noticed that there are really no decent sales in the paper at the grocery stores.  I am used to just buying loss leaders and there are none.  So other than a few fresh veggies, I am buying nothing.  Now that the garden is producing lettuce that is one less thing to buy.

     Found a penny on the boat dock yesterday, and also found one today at the pharmacy!

     Make sure you are all saying prayers for our dear Anne with the loss of her mother.  I think of her constantly and pray for her comfort.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

15 comments:

  1. Yea for a better day! Just so you know, I went on a 4 mile errand today. 3 houses now have a for sale sign. I believe your timing is right. People do tend to move around more in summer than any other time of year. Your buyer will come.

    Food for thought: rather than get your home painted, offer a painting allowance as part of the sale price. I assume your price includes a fresh coat of paint so "there is the $". I do realized some people want move in ready-don't know about your area.

    Cheers to family time yesterday. Sounds delightful and good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always planned on selling in May and going on a mission. Well the mission is off until there is a vaccine but at least we can try to sell. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Normal is just Not. I need my own reality tests as it looks like I will be working indefinitely from home, with no end in sight as the two positions on a hiring freeze will likely stay unhired as we worry about the potential of other positions, potentially mine as well, having furloughs, if retirements and attrition with no hiring doesn't solve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh SAM I am so sorry, that must just be so hard on you. Also scary as you bring in the steady income.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Chin up kiddo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cheryl I so value your friendship and insight.

      Delete
  4. glad you're feeling a bit better today, the trip out to the lake sounds lovely and relaxing, a nice way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice. The weather here looks like it will be beautiful so that always helps the mood.

      Delete
  5. you just needed to turn your head a fraction to see a different point of view. Kind of not seeing the forest due to the trees thing???
    We spent yesterday and today planting. No where near done with beds, plants and seeds. Mother in law calls tonight, she bought 100 kidney beans seeds to plant... but wanted me to plant them here and take care of them HERE... Been nice if she would have asked before she bought them as I really don't have a good spot as she wants to be able to plant what she raises NEXT YEAR but didn't know if these were heirloom or GMO or what. She admitted she asked her daughter and was told no, they wasn't going to waste their garden space to grow dry beans. They would buy her dried kidney beans instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee I have a mother-in-law kind of like that. I have never grown dried beans before.

      Delete
  6. Great post as always dear,love it.Thanks for sharing! <3
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  7. you boomers are shutting down the entire economy because you're afraid of a flu. Seriously, can you boomers kill yourselves? You are the most selfish generation to ever exist. You don't give a shit about climate change, why should we young people give a shit if you get sick and die of some virus? I HOPE the virus gets much stronger and kills you all.

    Do you boomers realize how universally hated you are? There is not one single demographic that does not hate you- white people, black people, asians, mexicans, indians, chinese, millennials, GenX, GenZ. Something tells me that you boomers are not going to have a very comfortable or easy retirement, especially once you end up in the retirement homes.

    Can you baby boomers hurry up and fucking drop dead? Enjoy your retirement homes cause we younger people will not take care of you even if we wanted to, due to the shitty economy you boomers created. Do you boomers realize that the younger generation is simply waiting for you to fucking drop dead?

    You are all going to end up in retirement homes and we all know that the elderly gets treated pretty badly in retirement homes. Well, that's what you get for ruining your own children's lives. Even if your children WANTED to take care of you, they couldn't, due to you boomers destroying the economy. So I hope you enjoy the retirement homes, boomer scum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Anonymous just spewed some hatred there. I would offer to pray for them but not sure they would appreciate the gesture. As the 60's song goes "What the world needs now is love".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's why I approve my comments, I can tell you I delete 4 to 6 a day

      Delete
    2. Yeah I get that one periodically, he is a hater. I doubt they even know where they go.

      Delete