Monday, September 20, 2021

Monday, home again, home again


 I remember this picture from the Real Mother goose book as  a child. My twin and I had that entire book and it was huge memorized before we entered kindergarten.  I think it shocked people.

We had a quick trip  down to mom and dad's and got the missionary apartments that are out of town done on our way down. It did make for an 7.5 hour drive rather that a five but will keep us from having to do a 5 hour round trip again so I was game.

Mom had a list of things for hubs and he pulled weeds until his hands blistered and he filled every trash can available. I cooked and cleaned.  I made up 2 lasagnas and two stuffed shells, and spaghetti sauce. I also threw away and replaced a few things in the kitchen. Like the 6 years old Italian seasoning and the 5 year old jar of chopped garlic. Yikes!

I cooked dinner and left them enough for a couple of days.  We were home by 3:00 yesterday and I was able to go check on lil sis. Then I went to bed early.

I cannot tell you how nice it was to come home to a clean house and a clean shop.  I am loathe to go in and mess it up but I will. 

Mom was weaker and dad more lost in his mind than ever before. I told her not to buy any more meat as the freezer is full of lovely meat that she is not cooking and it is going to get burned.  Luckily she has Hub's sister's that will visit and cook some of it up. I took down some of the things that Sissie had sent me that were too small to mom and she was thrilled with them.

We will be going back down for Dad's birthday and I will be staying until I get back  from Hawaii so that means Hubs will have to come back down and get me an allow us to check on them twice. We have not talked Holidays, but might be taking a quick trip down before or after Christmas.  I plan on having Sissie here after Christmas if I can get her to come.  I have plans within plans that all involve her.  She should be afraid.  IF only I could Slugs to fly out.  The fun we could have.

When we came home I had two eggplant that were ready and several cucumbers.  I also got cucumbers at lil sis's.  I will keep eating what we can from the garden even though it it a dismal year.

By the way we did stop and pick up about 10 lbs of onions on the rode side on our way back.  No potatoes yet , but We can get those when we go back.

Today's work:

1. finish wedding dress

2. finish wedding dress

3. fix curtains (ugh hate this)

4.start another wedding dress for second fitting Wednesday

I am failing dismally at my two challenges of cleaning drawers and cupboards and de cluttering.  Maybe I can catch up if I can get a few things done in the shop this week.  I can only do what I can do.  Dang me!

Hubs is outside mowing the lawn and he has already been to an appointment to rebuild a wheel chair ramp that is sagging, he also is going to try and hang the kayaks up in the garage.  Can't wait for that after the door handle mess.  Why can he do somethings well and others?

SO what are you plans for today, or this week?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

 

Kim




15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy yet fruitful weekend. Glad you got so much done.
    I am a total slug today for some reason - it is wet, wet, wet and gloomy - I don't want to do a thing!
    There is always tomorrow!
    have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know my Sissie was a slug yesterday, maybe it is going around. Not that you have to set the world on fire everyday, said the pot to the cauldron:)

      Delete
  2. Kim, select 1 drawer. Start dinner and empty that drawer and clean it while something is simmering. After dinner, go through the stuff and put back the keepers. Have hubs put what is left outside in a box. (I keep one ready at all times).

    If you do 1 drawer per day you will soon be done. Then select 1 cupboard and start with the top shelf. Proceed through cupboards that way. Keep the tasks small so they don't overwhelm because the entire kitchen is just too big a task to face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good Idea and I will try and implement it tonight while I make dinner.

      Delete
  3. This is the first I have heard about Hawaii. It is sad about his parents. What is next for them?--go live with a child, bring someone in to care for them, go to an institution...I just wonder if there is a plan.

    You must be bruised from kicking yourself around.

    When is free potato season in Idaho?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well dad does need to go into a care center, but mom will not allow it. She will live with one of us after he goes, that is the plan. Spud harvest is usually in October.

      Delete
  4. Wow Hawaii. You are going to love it. I have heard it is beautiful.

    You managed to get a lot done at the parents. I am sure that they really appreciate it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am so blessed to be able to go with my daughter.

      Delete
  5. My mom always said that, "Home again, home again, jiggity jig." Can't wait to hear more about Hawaii! YOU always get so much accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well daughter called and is paying for most of the trip so why not go?

      Delete
  6. You are becoming quite the travel gal! I envy the Hawaii trip!
    I am always interested when I hear about your roadside gleaning adventures! I think the only thing I could grab roadside here is pinecones.
    Doing what you can for your Mil and FIL is the best gift you could ever give them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Alaska and Hawaii in the same year! I am blessed.

      Delete
  7. eat work on the site. I love it. Could maybe use some more updates more often, but im sure you got better things to do , hehe. =)
    It looks to me that this web site doesn
    really liked the post yoshopbymark

    ReplyDelete