Monday, September 27, 2021

Monday, Sad news


 I am trying to be positive but I am in the negative.  I do not have covid. Thank goodness.

However, Hub's dad took a turn for the worse.  Hospice has been called in Finally. Hubs left this morning to stay until at least Thursday until his sister can get there. But they don't think he will last the week.  Hubs plans on coming home Thursday, unless he goes and then he will stay and I will drive down with one of the girls for the funeral. With the covid #'s as high as they are we might just have a graveside service and video it for far away family.

ANYWAY I have so much work to get caught up if I am going to leave, I am using the excuse I CANNOT TAKE IN MORE WORK BECAUSE OF DAD.

However I still have appointments that I have made to see through. Having hubs gone does make it easier for me to get more done.  Just fewer interruptions.  I don't have to cook!

I feel really bad for hubs and his siblings.  Losing a parent is very hard.  But Hub's mom is done.  She cannot go on any longer like this.  I don't think it will be much longer but if this goes on, I am preparing to be able to leave at least 3 days a week to be down there. People can just wait and I can sew at mom's house.

SO HERE IS THE LIST THAT MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE I can get out of here!!!!!

1. hem a bridesmaid dress

2. hem a bridesmaid dress

3. hem a bridesmaid dress

4. hem a bridesmaid dress

5. hem a bridesmaid dress

I am down to 5 bridesmaid dresses that will be a load off!

6. fix a prom dress

7.fix a prom dress

8. hem a prom dress

I think I have about 8 of these with those coming in

9. hem 4 pairs of pants

10. hem four shirts

11. hem 2 pairs of pants

The piles are killing me now, but I will take in no mare until I am sure of what is going to happen.

 Yikes!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while I am in the negative.

Heck just stay positive..... I am now going into the shop.... really I am.

Kim


28 comments:

  1. Glad you tested negative! I am so sorry for what your family is going through. My prayers for your husband and his Mom and siblings. Poor guy sure has hung on.
    I know last year when G's Mom passed - there was no funeral - just video and even then no graveside to speak of.
    Take care and keeping you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a stubborn old coot that is for sure. But I really want this to be over for Hub's mom she just cannot go on like this and I think she has a lot of life left in her. She deserves those years with her kids.

      Delete
  2. When he does pass, then the problem will be what to do, if anything, with his mother. I can't remember what you said about her condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She plans on selling the house and living with all of us kids until she is unable to travel anymore than it will be with just one of us. I think she would prefer to live with one of Hubs sister's , but we will see what happens. We are willing to take her.

      Delete
  3. Good news on your Covid test. Sending you and your whole family hugs during this difficult time. Take care of YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your family. It doesn't matter if expected, the loss is still there. I hope his mom will be OK, but perhaps you shared she would move in with one of his siblings? Her not being a carer changes her life a lot so she'll need time to know what she wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think she just needs to travel among her kids and give herself time to see what she wants to do and where she wants to be.

      Delete
  5. This is a sad hard situation for your family and your plans of how to be there and care for them sound good. Thank goodness you tested negative for Covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is always hard when someone goes, but this will be a blessing.

      Delete
  6. Thinking of you & your family, I'm glad your hubby can get there for his mum, glad to hear you tested negative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sad even though it is expected. At least you will not have to be gone so long since husband has been there and she has family to come and see about the mother. Sew Sew Sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am getting so much done without the constant interruptions.

      Delete
  8. I’m glad your COVID test came back negative, Kim. My heart goes out to you and your family especially your father in law. Many prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry. I'm glad that you don't have covid on top of everything else, and I hope that you will be feeling better. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your FIL - My FIL passed last Dec at the age of 94 but not to covid. He had a stroke. It was bad because we couldn't get in to see him until he was legally in hospice - the we suited up and was able to be by his side for a day. I don't believe he even recognized us with the gown and the triple masks. Then we had to wait 3 weeks to a month for him to be cremated and then we couldn't hold services until Feb or March.

    Glad you are negative - hope it stays that way for you. My prayers for your family during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. I am so grateful he is at home and the family can be with him and mom.

      Delete
  11. To quote you a month ago…you are running with scissors. Condolences to you and your husband and good luck with his dad and mom. Wow, lots of stress for you! Remember to try to take a few minutes for yourself to rest between taking care of everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love being alone at home and getting so much done. Really the stress would be if hubs came home and his father has not died.

      Delete
  12. Sorry to hear about your FIL. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very happy for you that you don't have COVID, and so sorry to hear about your father in law. I'm sending good thoughts to you & your husband, & his family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry things have gone downhill so quickly after you left. It seems to be the way things go sometimes.
    I will keep your family in my thoughts and wish you speedy needles and fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. You so cheered me up yesterday, and Sluggy who was still with Sis was jealous.

      Delete
  15. I am so sorry to read this. I must have missed your post yesterday. So glad that your Hubby could go down and be with them during this time. My prayers are with your family.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete