Friday, June 2, 2023

Friday, Where am I?

 

I love this picture of James at his great grandmother's funeral, and this just tells you, his personality. He is a quiet, and reserved, and intelligent little soul. It is a pleasure to have him here.  

Right now Signe' has both boys at a school picnic for the end of the year, and I have Kelsa.  She is pooping up the house as fast as I can clean it.

I have company coming tonight from Nampa. So I have scoured the boy's bathroom, because who knows what has gone on in there and changed the sheets on the guest room bed.

I am not sewing like I should and don't know why.  I am not doing the things I need to get done and putting things off.  It is so hard for me to stay motivated.

I did get all of my graduation cards out all 9 of them and finally went down to the hospital to talk to a supervisor about a $250.00 bill for an MRI Joel had last June.  We did not receive a bill for our portion until February of this year. Yes 8 months after the MRI. I don't remember him having this and I can't ask him.  I called and told them that I would have paid it if it was timely, but it was not and I can't talk to him, so I thought as the bill was over $4000, they could write off the remaining $250. I mailed a death certificate and of course nothing was done just more threats, and trying to talk to a billing service where the woman's accent was so strong, I could not understand her.  

Well, I took Kelsa and another death certificate down to the hospital this time and asked to speak to the person in charge of billing.  A man came out and within a few minutes I got a paid in full. I guess in person is better as it forcers a person to do their job.

It will be a busy weekend, with graduation parties and company.  Have a great weekend.


Kim

17 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful photo of James there Kim - just delightful. I hate it when you are trying to sort something by phone & you can;t understand the persons accent. It is frustrating for them & for us. I am so pleased you went down in person & got it sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I found out if you ask to speak to someone else they can lose their job so I don't want that on my conscience.

      Delete
  2. Maybe rewarding yourself for sewing would work. "I can go play in the dirt when I sew a wedding dress"--that sort of thing. I think having to handle a death certificate so many times and for so long is the cruelest thing ever. I would hate to have that job. In this day and age, it seems like a person could just send a link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment was me! I read it and wondered why anonymous said the exact thing I did. lol

      Delete
    2. It is anonymously you. I know every time I have to pull one of those out and carry it, it is like a stab in the heart.

      Delete
  3. I have also called on a few medical bills after a loved ones death. I was lucky and they removed the balances right away. I'm glad you took control and got this done. Bravo!!! Sometimes it takes guts to make calls like this, but hey, if you did't try, you would have been stuck paying that bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stupid bills that come months after the procedure! Yet we are supposed to pay them right away! Good for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute, cute picture! Handsome fellow.
    Good for you on getting that bill taken care of. Major accomplishment.
    Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a sweet picture of James. 😊

    I sent so many copies of Mom’s death certificate to creditors. It’s been a year now, and it has slowed down considerably, which is good. It takes a while to get these things done. I still have her listed as a driver on my car insurance. That will be another copy of her death certificate I need to send. I’m glad they marked it paid in full for you. That’s great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling!!! Grandsons are the best! (Granddaughters are pretty awesome as well) Good on you for taking care of an annoying bill. It's hard in the moment to figure these stupid things out. Sending prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute grandson!!!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete