Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Wednesday, Let's get something done!

 

Okay I am trying.  No kids today, but the shop has had constant clients, so it is hard to stay focused.  The shop is really clean Sissie would be proud.

I have a wedding dress cut and ready for the machine.  My plan is to get it done and then get a few bridesmaid dresses done along with it.

Signe' is here taking a nap as she had a early morning and no patients until 3:00.

I will have the kids this evening for a while, and I want to go see if Home depot has the blinds in for the bedroom.

I got to talk to Sissie today and she always makes me feel better. Did not get to talk to her for as long as I wanted as clients kept popping in to interrupt.

Took missionaries out to eat last night as I did not want to cook, plus had kids all day and no time to plan or present.  I think they actually enjoyed it more.  Also took my best buddy.  Today is the first anniversary of her husband's death, so I have been thinking about her all day. Hoping she is okay. She went up to the Spokane Temple with another friend from church.  I thought that was a nice way for her to spend the day. Comforting to say the least.

My anniversary will be on Christmas day and I don't want it to be a sad day.  Not how I want to remember Joel.  He was so funny and had such a good sense of humor. 

I miss my Lil sis.  She has been gone now over two weeks and will not be back for at least another week. I am also taking care of my neighbors, animals.  She has the menagerie. Dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, a potbelly pig, a tortoise, and a large bird. I will go down and sit with the dogs for a while and give them love.  Also talk to the bird who is so funny.

I made a large box with towels and blankets in the garage for Kiki, so far, she won't get into it. But I guess I can move her kittens into it when she has them. If she has them.  But she is actually starting to waddle it is pretty funny to watch her.  Poor darling.

Well, I am off to get something done I swear.  I am so good at getting nothing done.

Kim

12 comments:

  1. You are great at getting lots of things done. I need my sissies to kick me into gear. My son and daughters are getting my backlog done, little bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well take all the help you can get. Things are hard with widow brain, I know. All of a sudden it is getting dark out and I think where did my day go? How about flying to Florida and staying at my Sis in laws beach place for a few days. We can rent a golf cart and tool all over Destin. We can walk to the beach. She has two beautiful rooms to stay in and then she can help us plan a cruise maybe?

      Delete
  2. You’ve been busy and gotten a lot done, Kim. Kudos to you. Remembering family with stories is one of the better parts of being together with family. I don’t want it to be a sad day for you either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting lots done Kim. I agree that remembering family with stories and pictures of the good times would be the best way to remember Joel at Christmas. Remember how he loved helping with the school program.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good friend had a mother who emptied her house of tabletop items and pictures and hung Christmas everywhere, had multiple trees and Christmas village and creches. My friend refused to have anything Christmasy in her house because it reminded her of her mother.
    Ias appalled. Plus, no one could talk about her mother anytime of the year. And, she had no pictures of any dead relatives in her home. I was doubly appalled.
    I think it is healthier to remember the good times and relatives we miss.
    Going out to eat with missionaries seems like a great stress-reliever for you. No prepping, cleaning house for company, no cooking, no cleaning up afterwards. That would make sewing more pleasant, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I don't have to cook or clean or worry they wont' like the food.

      Delete
  5. Hello! Kim, you are the most amazing person! Always inspiring me. Just wanted to let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are incredible to juggle so much every single day. Hats off to one amazing grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know. I don't mind talking about Jole at all.

    ReplyDelete