Monday, May 8, 2023

Monday, Sewing and planting

 

My oldest daughter with a pineapple.  By the way Jethelyn was born a vampire and burns in the sun no matter how much sunscreen she puts on.  Also breaks out in sun hives so constantly on Benadryl.  She still had fun.

It is rainy and cold today and I want it to be warm but at least I can work outside and not sweat to death. 

The weather tried to cooperate, as it rained a lot and then the sun shone, and it was cool enough to work outside all weekend.

I about killed my son in law working him to death. He power washed chairs that had not been done for about 10 years, they look a completely different color. Then he roto till both garden beds.  Carried I don't know how many bags of dirt and mulch all over the place.

I was very sore Saturday night. Still have loads of work to do, but the shop has to come first. Drat! And of course, it is absolutely beautiful outside, and it is mocking me!

Today I have quite a list of things to do.

1. finish a wedding dress

2. hem mother of the bride

3.fix a hat

4. alter a prom dress

5. alter a prom dress

6. alter a prom dress

7. alter a prom dress

8.hem some pants

That should keep me out of the bar today!

Kim


19 comments:

  1. Tell your lovely daughter I will sit in the shade with her anytime!!! I love her hat. And I know exactly how it is to be fair skinned. Good thing I hate the sun! We desperately need to power wash our outdoor furniture! I think I shall have my son-in-law do it! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to take advantage of the decent weather when we can. It is always something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your daughter to try taking evening primrose oil softgels to build up the essential fatty acids in her skin. A friend does this and never uses sunscreen and never burns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never uses sunscreen?!? Oh my ears! Skin cancer survivor over here 👋

      Delete
  4. I thought your daughter was dressed for the Kentucky Derby, with a pineapple drink instead of a mint julep! She would have fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I burn in the sun. All of my kids have their dad’s complexion so they can all play in the sun while I roast like a lobster. My grandkids are fair like me. It is funny how genetics plays such a part in our lives. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very rarely burn, but have started to use sunscreen a bit more.

    Kind of rainy and cloudy here, but I hope to get out tomorrow and and paint the deck or at least get it ready to paint before the rain hits again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can burn but try and be careful, I also tan up rather quickly.

      Delete
  7. I never burn in the sun. Mama said she took me and fair brother out for twenty minute walk when i was almost three and he was two. He was red as a lobster, and she said I just turned brown. Of course, old age is fading me, so I don't know if I would burn or not.
    My mother was allergic to the sun. It is the one thing I am not allergic to so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get all the prom alterations done quickly.
    I kind of burn but it turns tan overnight. Love the hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need to get hats like this for our next adventure!

      Delete
  9. Thanks to my ethnicity, I don't burn easily. Even so, the sun does age you, so I avoid it. Plus, I always love a reason to wear a fabulous hat, like your daughter is wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daughter 4 gets sun poisoning all the time even during the winter.

    ReplyDelete